JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I caught the end of the Bucs Rams game at the gym. Pretty wild. That was the extent of my nfl support this year. They donate money to marxist and anti gun causes, so in supporting them so do you.

Sadly I still miss them when I am somewhere a game in on. Wife and I went to dinner couple nights ago and game was on. Had not seen one in a good while and it did make me miss it but, I refuse to offer them any support now. They went woke, I hope they go broke.

I caught the end of the Bucs Rams game at the gym. Pretty wild. That was the extent of my nfl support this year. They donate money to marxist and anti gun causes, so in supporting them so do you.
I don't "support" them, the games come over free tv so the only one I would be hurting by not watching is me. I don't buy their gear, never paid to watch a game, etc., etc.

I am rooting for the Bengals this year in honor of a friend that passed away last year. he was a diehard Bengals fan through thin and thinner clear to the bitter end.

Forget the Electoral Count Act. This Country Needs NFL-Overtime Reform

"It was a scintillating NFL divisional round, with my Titans falling in dramatic fashion, then each game getting better until the culmination with the Chiefs–Bills are-you-kidding-me? instant classic. But there's no way that game should effectively be determined by a coin toss. The NFL needs to let both teams get the ball on offense in OT, then if still tied, go to sudden death. Anything else is a travesty and an offense against truth, justice, and the American way. "

Forget the Electoral Count Act. This Country Needs NFL-Overtime Reform

"It was a scintillating NFL divisional round, with my Titans falling in dramatic fashion, then each game getting better until the culmination with the Chiefs–Bills are-you-kidding-me? instant classic. But there's no way that game should effectively be determined by a coin toss. The NFL needs to let both teams get the ball on offense in OT, then if still tied, go to sudden death. Anything else is a travesty and an offense against truth, justice, and the American way. "
Back in the day, when regulation play ended in a tie, teams played an additional period. Unfortunately, as television became the dominant revenue source for athletic teams, this type of overtime became inconvenient for the TV stations. It interfered with schedules, and more importantly, commercial time. So rules were changed to progressively shorten the game. If one has watched sports over the last half century or so, one might have noticed that subsequent rule changes supposedly designed to shorten the game, or "speed up play" (such as starting the clock after the chains are moved after a first down instead of when the ball is snapped on the next play), haven't really resulted in a shorter game. They have just allotted more time for commercials and less time for actual play. The same can be said for the sudden death overtime. Any proposal to restore a fairer overtime system will be fighting against the financial interests of the television stations. Good luck with that.

IMO, the latest abomination to hit sports is the video review. It ruins the momentum of the game, but guess what - another commercial opportunity. Hooray! Just another reason not to watch, IYAM.

I don't know why people hate college OT rules. The NFL should just acknowledge they work and use those.
I don't know why people hate ties. Who needs overtime in college?

But let's say we're going to have overtimes. Why not just play another quarter? Let the best team win. Not the the team that just happens to get lucky from the 25 yard line. College overtime rules suck. They just suck less than NFL overtime rules.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top