Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My wait is over Silencer is APPROVED

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by doomsday, Mar 19, 2012.

1. doomsday

doomsday COLTON OREGON Active Member

Hello.

this is my ATF story.

I sent in my APP to the ATF on Sep 20th.

I called the ATF in October to see what was up. I was told my APP was PENDING.

I called again on March !st and was told there was a problem with my finger print card and my APP was in a trouble state.

I ask to talk with the ATF agent in charge of my APP. It turns out I put the wrong date on my D.O.B. She said that she could handle that for me, and I would not have to re do my card.

I just got a call from the ATF and my APP was approved TODAY and the stamp will be in the mail to the dealer today.

so at 6 months and you have not heard about your APP call them you can talk directly to the agent working on your APP.

the ATF # is 304-616-4500

Have a nice day.
    Kevin

2. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

That's interesting. I sent mine on the 13th of sept, still no approval. :huh:

3. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

I got one of mine back about 3 weeks ago that was sent in end of August.
    I remember my first NFA item took about 45 days to get back and i thought that was a long wait.

So are you going to tell us what you got or post pics?

4. Choppermech11

Choppermech11 Salem New Member

So right round 6 months. I just did mine last month. Does it matter what background people hold? I have a gov ts and wondering if that would speed it up at all?

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Not unless it some how makes it get closer to the top of the pile. There are only a few people processing TONS of forms. I am sure the actual time it takes is very short, but the getting to that point is very long.

6. doomsday

doomsday COLTON OREGON Active Member

this is true. I am a VET with with a perfect service record. I have CHL from Oregon, Utah, and Florida. I have bought dozens of firearms. It makes no diff. I would think if you dont hear back in 6 months you can call. If your app is still pending your ok. If they put you in a trouble state then you have a problem. Then as I said in my thread you can ask to talk the the agent doing your app.

7. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Mine went pending Sept 23rd and was received by my dealer Friday! Just shy of 6 months!!! Dang government!