JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have unofficially adopted the mtn (technically a ridge on the maps) behind my Cabin. It's not the tallest or most beautiful mtn in the State but I have spent many hundreds of hours working and recreating on it. Unlike a child or a pet the mtn will live indefinitely.

I am going to share more of my experiences on the mtn through photos in this thread.

If you have a favorite forest area that you visit frequently, share what attracts you to it and what you have done to care for it.

Mountain as viewed looking South.

20220531_052612.jpg

This cinder pit on the mtn is used by the locals for target shooting and it was a mess this weekend. I am hoping some of this junk is removed before my next trip as I will be doing a clean up later in June.

20220530_154508.jpg

Last Edited:
The pine beetles killed these three good sized Ponderosas on the top of the ridge.

20220530_092939.jpg

20220530_093004.jpg

Edit: these three trees are just a drop in the bucket of beetle kill. There are thousands of beetle kill trees on the mtn. These were notable because of the size and location at the top of the ridge.

Last Edited:
Mine is the Steen's in South Eastern Oregon, there are few roads and trails and the stark beauty defies words! I have several spots where I can take off and land and then hike around to my heart's content!

Another area I really enjoy is up on Mt. Lassen, near the Rail Road Pass and the cork screw tunnels, what a remarkable area with tons of cool old cabins and other old farms/homesteads to explore, again, Bush Plane access only!

Last is the area around Lake View/Goose Lake!

Oregon has some of the greatest hidden gems that you never knew existed, most are only visable from the air, and very few are accessable any other way but Bush Plane!

I do love me a good mountain...err...or, ya know...technically a ridge. Not everyone can be a mountain. We all have to start somewhere...err...or maybe he started as a mountain and is finishing as a ridge. The Lord works like that too sometimes. I digress. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top