JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Strangely similar story, sorta...

A little over a year ago, my wife brought home another rescue who had just been through an operation by a kindly vet.

After getting home, she stayed the entire day under the bed. Very shy and seemingly fearful.

About 2:00 A.M. she jumped on my chest and begged me for attention. I was thunderstruck by this bold move.

I lavished her with attention and now, daily and nightly she comes to me for attention, which I gladly give as I get as much out of it as she does, maybe more...

We've had many, many rescues, but I rather think they rescue us...

They are of course our surrogate children.

Last Edited:
This is Scamp, AKA Spike who identifies as a lover not a fighter...:p

82C7A8D6-7A84-403D-9175-DBC8662B8C7D.jpeg

Got two cats. The skinny little orange male likes to bring us trophies so he hunts (which some of my neighbors whine about). I understand finding mouse stomachs on the floor, and piles of feathers and beaks. But what's with the rabbits???

Gonna change his name to Serengeti.

Wife bought this one just over a year ago now. She was supposed to be a few months old but no way to know for sure. First couple months she was here she hid under the couch when we were in the room. She would only come out to eat, go outside, and play with other puppy who is same size as her. Both under 4 pounds. After 6 months she started getting on the bed at night but first movement either of us made she was gone. Month or two ago she suddenly started getting in my lap when I am watching TV, flips over on her back and begs for rubs till she falls asleep. We can finally walk her as we can catch her now. She is terrified when caught and putting her harness on. As soon as we are out the door she is from one end of the 25' leash to the other smelling everything. See's another dog and she puffs up, barks, growls, hops up and down, pulls at the leash while telling dogs that would get her stuck between teeth how lucky they are I am holding her back. Don't know what the hell someone did to her before we got her but she is finally coming out of her shell. Other day she brought a dead bird in she found in the yard or killed herself to give me. :confused:
I normally get home early morning. So on days off she is on me licking my face now as soon as it's light, telling me is must be time for feeding. Now that's its still dark when I get home from work she is often the only one waiting at the door of the 3. Some times after I get all 3 meals made we have to go upstairs to wake up the other 2 so she can eat with her all over me telling me to hurry :D:D
BTW off the topic, the almost 14 YO MinPin I started giving Hemp oil too is doing fantastic. He still sleeps a lot but never fails to want a walk now. Even plays again now and then. Will bring one of his toys to me to toss a few times. He had not done that for a couple years. Of course no way to know the oil did this or not but he is doing quite well again for a while. At his age it will not be long now but at least he is getting a little more quality time with me. :s0139: Pebbles-2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top