JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's How I have it set up. An Eotech 512 sight. A TLR-2 light laser up front. A Magpul angled fore grip to replace the vertical fore grip I broke off.
All shot's were fired free hand.

KSG021.jpg

The target on the left is sight in adjustments. The target on the right is 5 Remington 1 oz. slugs at 35 yards.
KSG016.jpg

Next was 2 rounds of Wolf 00 buck over the top at 20 yards.The spread was about 18" at 20 yards! Bigger than I expected.
KSG017.jpg

Then I put 3 trap loads over the top of it all at 20 yards.The spread was over 20"! This is definitely a short range weapon.
KSG019.jpg

Now that everything is dialed in, I will try some shots off the bench next. I'm liking this more, the more I shoot it!

It's expensive for a shotty, but still cheap compared to a boutique 1911.
I'll prolly get one in OD, with the foregrip and iron sights. But it might be next year, at this rate!

fess up what did you pay?

How was the recoil compared to a regular pump?

I paid just over $700 for the KSG. There's another $700 worth of accessories clamped to it.

It kicks a little more than a normal pump.
The barrel lines up straight with the top of the butt stock,like an AR. What this does is pushes all the energy straight back instead of making the barrel rise up like a shotgun or rifle with comb to the stock. The advantage to that is you stay on target and don't have to keep pulling back down to the target. The only disadvantage is it does kick pretty good with magnums,but it is tolerable.

I can't emphasize enough that this is a whole new shooting experience for me. I love to shoot and try new guns out. This has been very fun to play with.
The concept really attracted me. You can have it in your home or where ever, with one tube full of 00 buck and the other with Winchester self defense loads, that are a 1 oz.slug with 3 00 buck pellets. Something goes bump in the night,a black bear after my livestock, or a crazed drug addict willing to kill me. I can make a choice of what I want to throw at the problem in less than a second.

This weapon is legal almost everywhere,is only 26" long,and holds 15 rounds of 00 buck. Short of a machine pistol, how can you throw that much lead at something?

I am having a great time learning the advantages and short comings of this new to me concept.

The ones I have seen on GB are well over $1000. I would like to see one of these at a reasonable price and actually handle it before I think about buying one. Looks like tons of fun though. Thanks for the report!

It will put 2 rounds in the same place if you short stroke it. the exiting round and the entering round will both end up under the guide rails. My Rem.870 will do the same thing.
As far as loading it,you have to get used to only being able to load the tube the selector is on. That takes some getting used to. Most shotguns have one place where you stuff the ammo in and it doesn't require any thought. you soon get used to it and it works flawlessly.

My new KSG ships out on Wednesday. Should have it towards the end of next week. I can't wait to play with it. Badclam, any updates about your experience I should know about? Any recomendations?

Dipstick,
I still love shooting my KSG. My latest thing is shooting slugs. El cheapo Rio slugs will pattern 8" at 50 yards with no benchrest. I love the Eotech sight on it. Makes for very fast aiming with booth eyes open. Reloading the KSG is a lot easier if you tip it or rotate it so you are sliding the rounds on the side of the opening into the magazine tube. Don't short stroke it! Pull it back all the way or you might end up with 2 rounds stuck in it at once. It's a different animal than anything I've ever owned. So get a lot of cheap ammo and shoot it as much as you can. enjoy :s0155:

I too am so jealous. I had the opportunity to fire a lot of rounds through one of these but not with the luxury of a Eotech, very nice choice for this supreme weapon. I recently asked in a thread if anyone had any firsthand experience with one because, I loved it when I first saw it, I loved it when I first thought of it, and so when I first shot it. Now, seeing your pics and love of it, I may have to either sell the old ladies earrings, or just buy it and hope not for a divorce. I agree with your mention of the direct blow back of the design. It is not fun for allot of shooting but it is awesome for keeping on target and in my opinion, one of the best home self-defense weapons ever made. Hands down I would take and trust the life of my family with one of these to a AR, a 1911, tactical shotty, or anything else some consider a perfect home defense weapon. AAAWWW, sir, I think I have a man crush on you and want to congratulate you again, and if you ever want to get rid of it for any reason......PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE FIRST, I WOULD BE INTERESTED WITH ALL OF THE EXTRAS YOU HAVE PUT ON WITH IT. bRAVO sir, you will love it and please let us know in the future how it holds up and any problems you come across. Damn you lucky man.

How was the recoil compared to a regular pump?

I paid just over $700 for the KSG. There's another $700 worth of accessories clamped to it.

It kicks a little more than a normal pump.
The barrel lines up straight with the top of the butt stock,like an AR. What this does is pushes all the energy straight back instead of making the barrel rise up like a shotgun or rifle with comb to the stock. The advantage to that is you stay on target and don't have to keep pulling back down to the target. The only disadvantage is it does kick pretty good with magnums,but it is tolerable.

I can't emphasize enough that this is a whole new shooting experience for me. I love to shoot and try new guns out. This has been very fun to play with.
The concept really attracted me. You can have it in your home or where ever, with one tube full of 00 buck and the other with Winchester self defense loads, that are a 1 oz.slug with 3 00 buck pellets. Something goes bump in the night,a black bear after my livestock, or a crazed drug addict willing to kill me. I can make a choice of what I want to throw at the problem in less than a second.

This weapon is legal almost everywhere,is only 26" long,and holds 15 rounds of 00 buck. Short of a machine pistol, how can you throw that much lead at something?

I am having a great time learning the advantages and short comings of this new to me concept.

About 400 rounds thru mine & no problems so far. Well other than a couple double feeds due to short stroking it. Neat little gun & i do like it the WTF is that & ooh factor when i pull it outta the truck are priceless.
photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews