JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I gave up my wonderful M&P357 Compact, Glock 33, and MDE .380 to end up with this:

A slightly used beauty with the XS Sight standard tritium dot. Bought it for under $500.

Both of those guns were a bit too wide and heavy for me to CCW with my bad back.
My Micro desert Eagle was light but only had 6 shots and .380 power with a slower
reload than the bigger guns.

The SHIELD is much slimmer and lighter than both my M&P Compacts, and two CZ 2075 RAMIs.

It fits my Galco TRITON Glock 26 holster with some adjustment,
and perfectly in my AJ Concealco.

I'm unsure whether I like the new trigger or not.

Same with the sights as these are the first XS sights for me.

Tiny safety really isn't an issue for me, but nice to apply when handling the gun.

I like the 8 round mags the best and will be buying a couple more..
plus a dedicated Kydex SHIELD holster in the near future.

Carry load is Double Tap's excellent 147 grain Gold Dot +P for now.
972.jpg
dt-p7-147-1.jpg
Happy as a clam, in Clarkston, Washington!

I like it too and am so wanting one. I currently carry a full size M&P 45 and we got my wife the Shield 9mm which is fantastic. Shoots great, is a lightweight and easy carry gun. I am looking forward to being able to get one for me too. However, I won't give up my 45 for it. So I'll wait. :cool: (I would have been able to get it soon but now that our washing machine went bad and needs replacing I won't be able to do so for a while. :s0058:)

I like it too and am so wanting one. I currently carry a full size M&P 45 and we got my wife the Shield 9mm which is fantastic. Shoots great, is a lightweight and easy carry gun. I am looking forward to being able to get one for me too. However, I won't give up my 45 for it. So I'll wait. :cool: (I would have been able to get it soon but now that our washing machine went bad and needs replacing I won't be able to do so for a while. :s0058:)[/QUO

I'd carry a M&P357 Compact if it was as light and slim as this.

Don't know if my next gun will be a M&P357 FS or a 45C, just that this Shield is a dream to carry.

I don't think I would swap that for my M&P 340 CT. I may shoot .38 +P 99% of the time, but I do like the little S&W revolvers. How is the trigger pull on that ? I never have much cared for pocket carry of autoloader. How do you carry that ? Are you left handed ?

I wish you people woulld talk about the trigger..what do and do not like about it..

The trigger on mine is very acceptable, much better than most of the M&P's I try at the gun shop. It's a little heavier than I prefer so I will more than likely add Apex trigger parts to it, but I could definitely live with it as is if needed.

Picked up a Shield 40 today at Corvallis Guns. I have been calling around for one for two months now to no avail but was in the right place at the right time today and picked up the last one they had. Oh joy!

Went to Sporty's in Clatskanie to pick up some 50gr 22mag rounds and out of the corner of my eye I spied a M&P Shield in the case. Upon looking at it after he handed it to me it was the .40S&W model. Now I just have to wait for it to be sent to my local FFL as I reside in Washington. Will not have in my hands until Thursday!!!! Waiting is going to drive me nuts. They also had one in 9MM.

Went to Sporty's in Clatskanie to pick up some 50gr 22mag rounds and out of the corner of my eye I spied a M&P Shield in the case. Upon looking at it after he handed it to me it was the .40S&W model. Now I just have to wait for it to be sent to my local FFL as I reside in Washington. Will not have in my hands until Thursday!!!! Waiting is going to drive me nuts. They also had one in 9MM.

What was the price on it??

... the pricing on the Shield - 9mm or .40 - certainly has me thinking about it.
She who holds the purse says, well, the Solo would have to go; and the PF9.
But I can apparently, keep the P238. For now.

The Shield is here, the SIG P938 isn't. Yet. Arrghhh.
Keep posting how good it is to shoot, break down and clean ...

What ammo are you using for range use?
has the trigger smoothed out after some more rounds down range?

:)

I got my Shield 40 last week and took it to the range over the weekend. I put 100 rounds through it. I had two light strikes and one FTF. My first impression was that the gun is very accurate, also pretty snappy which is expected of such a little Gun in 40s&w but I was able to get back on target fairly quick for follow up shots. After 100 rounds my palm was hurting a little but not bad. The last thing I noticed was though I was able to pack it in my jeans pocket in a Desantis holster it was a pretty tight fit. Probably not the best choice for a pocket gun I do plan to take it out again this weekend before I decide if it's a keeper or not. I have a XDS coming plus a P938 and soon will have to make a decision which will be my new carry. I am also contemplating the LCR357. I am really wanting something easy to carry but prefer a caliber more potent then 9mm so that would exclude the P938. Tough choices but it's fun to have so many choices to evaluate.

$429 which may be a little high, but I had it in my hand and had three other guys standing around me looking over my shoulder no way was I going to hand it back to Sporty without saying yes I'll take it.

$429 which may be a little high, but I had it in my hand and had three other guys standing around me looking over my shoulder no way was I going to hand it back to Sporty without saying yes I'll take it.

$429 is not bad, especially for one in stock. There are a few places around the country selling for $399, even many of those are $449 now, before tax/shipping/ffl..

Put 50 rounds of Winchester .40s&w 180gr FMJ down range yesterday. I do have to say that I was surprised by the recoil, or should I say the lack there of. I was expecting some snap in such a small and thin package. To be honest, I perceive more felt recoil from a Glock 23 than I do from the M&P Shield. It just wasn't snappy. Maybe because I can envelope more of thr grip with my hand on the Shield than I can on the G23. I definitely need to put more rounds down range.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top