JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, last night after reading some posts about homemade muzzleloader accessories on another forum I began to wonder where my powder horn was so I found it and like a dummy I was messing around with the little brass ring at the rear I broke it off!

Well when I made this over 40 years ago I inset the brass decorative plate in the bottom and the little brass swivel rings I used for the strap had just small screw threads so I just predrilled a small hole and screwed them in, one on the front as well.

I am surprised it lasted so long after a lot of 'field carry' so today I fixed it well. I predrilled the brass plate to allow the ring flange to set in it flush and applied thick superglue and it came out perfectly! I did the same with the front as well even though it didn't need it. Should last another 40 years but I probably won't!

I recently re-connected with a cousin of mine In Michigan and he and his late father (my uncle) were longtime 'flinters' , reenactors etc. and really heavy into muzzleloading so we have a lot to talk about - and he has given me an incentive to start shooting mine more!

IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPG

Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

There are many BP shooters in farm/lake country (Great Lakes region.) and on the East Coast too.

Lots of them travel for their shooting and other events. It is a pretty big thing for some men and women back there.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads