JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone with a Multnomah County CHL moved across the river to Washington State, and still working in downtown Portland, been able to just do an address change on the online form. My concern is that now I may have to 'show a compelling reason' for having a Multnomah County CHL. Working downtown Portland is compelling enough, but I see no where in the change of address form to support this claim, or let me say that the form would not let me move forward, likely in my belief that my new address is in Washington State. Writing this I think I'm probably answering my own question, I may have to resubmit for a new CHL based on my foreign residency. Thoughts?

P.s., I am also applying for a Washington State CPW

Thanks,
JP9

I moved from Clackamas County to Clark County WA several years ago. I had a Clackamas CHL. I applied for an Oregon CHL through Multnomah County which was the closest Oregon adjacent county. Multnomah County granted me an Oregon CHL, with my Clark County address. The process was not difficult and I emailed MNCSO with questions on how to fill out the application, since it was a mix of renewal, different county and non-resident. I was answered within 24 hours and the Sheriff's Office was pleasant and helpful. Process was faster than the Washington one, too.

I moved from Clackamas County to Clark County WA several years ago. I had a Clackamas CHL. I applied for an Oregon CHL through Multnomah County which was the closest Oregon adjacent county. Multnomah County granted me an Oregon CHL, with my Clark County address. The process was not difficult and I emailed MNCSO with questions on how to fill out the application, since it was a mix of renewal, different county and non-resident. I was answered within 24 hours and the Sheriff's Office was pleasant and helpful. Process was faster than the Washington one, too.
Thanks dplev4!!! I'll email them as you suggest.

JP9

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads