JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm buying three vintage Colt revolvers from a women who inherited them from her father.
The FFL at the pawn shop said that he would have to send a special form to the ATF informing them of the multiple gun transaction,
Has anyone had any interaction good or bad from the ATF after having this form sent in?

I am by no means an expert, but from what I understand you can buy multiple firearms with one BGC.

They dont do anything. You will not be contacted by them. Theres probably 10 ATF agents max in the NW. They are busy hanging out at donut shops or pretending to do their job like any other government worker. Going after people who arent breaking the law isnt a priority. With the multiple pistol report your name just goes into a file somewhere and if they do a trace or multiple traces later on they can bring it up and decide if they want to investigate more.

Yeah, i understand you can have 10 guns on a BGC and there is no issue, it sounds to me like they just told you extra info that you wouldn't normally be told.

I just bought two - one a private sale and another from the LGS (pawn shop) that did the private sale BGC. No problemo. No mention of extra paper work. It is between the FFL and the ATF - not something that the buyer needs to deal with.

I've had this mentioned before on a multiple gun purchase. Didn't affect me in any way, as noted above, it's just some extra paperwork on the FFL's end of things. I've never heard anything from the ATF after making multiple gun purchases.

We would just ask the guy who bought 4-5 guns a week to get them all on the same day.
Now if you buy a few at different ffls,they don't do this form cause they have no way of knowing what you bought at other stores.
But isn't it 5 guns that makes the form needed ?

Now that that is out of the way...So what kind of Colts are you buying.

There is an ad here that was originally listed on 5/26/16 wanting to sell three Colt's from an estate. Two Diamondbacks and a Colt Officers Model.
After a bunch of "I want it", with no sale, I responded last week asking if they're still for sale.
Come to find out they still were and after I took a look and they were better looking in person then the pictures in the ad so I made an offer on all three.

Last Edited:
It only applies to pistols purchased within 5 business days. You could buy a hangun every six days and that form never gets touch. Also you could buy 15 rifles and 1 pistol on one BGC and no multiple sale is done. I've seen it done with five rifles and one pistol and the check goes through as normal. I wish I had that kind of cash to throw around...:(

One of each. The .38 has some custom aftermarket grips, but it looks like it's never been fired.
I tried to talk the seller into letting me swap the grips and just buy the .38 special, but he didn't want to, so I ended up offering to buy all three.

It only applies to pistols purchased within 5 business days. You could buy a hangun every six days and that form never gets touch. Also you could buy 15 rifles and 1 pistol on one BGC and no multiple sale is done. I've seen it done with five rifles and one pistol and the check goes through as normal. I wish I had that kind of cash to throw around...:(
But now with BGCs on every sale in Oregon, I would not be surprised that the system flags such purchases unknown to the buyer or seller.

Yeah and after all that paperwork and all the BS and all of the other BS, guess what, another law abiding citizen gets to buy three more really nice legal firearms. OK time to give the state their cut, your now free to go. F'n BS.

Not that I have an opinion or anything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top