JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I posted this in Gear & Accessories board but I think this section might be more active and a better fit. I'm looking for anyone who might be able to help me test MPX brace functionality on a UTAS-UT9M, so if you have something like that that you'd be willing to let me test mounting for about 10 minutes, please let me know! Essentially I'm looking to not buy a $130 item just to find out it won't work, so if anyone wants to collaborate I'd be grateful.

The UTAS-UT9M is a newish and neat little large format 9mm handgun to compete in the market alongside Stribogs, and Scorpions, and MP5s. Although it comes with a buffer tube adapter, you can also get a picatinny rail to replace that on the rear, and that allows you to use any variety of picatinny accessories. One thing I've been wondering since I've learned this is if one of those nifty collapsing braces made for sig MPX/MCX guns would work. The UT9 conspicuously has indented channels looking very similar to those on the Sig guns, so it would really come down to if the brace and picatinny rails would allign correctly and if they would have enough clearance. I've taken caliper measurements and it's possible in terms of width, so it really comes down to the vertical placement.

Does anyone have any of these braces to help me test this out? Compatible braces would be the:
  • Sig Telescoping Brace
  • SBTactical MPX PSB
  • the Strike Industries MPX/MCX Stabilizer
  • Any others I'm not familiar with

Not sure I follow but if you have a pic rail on the back any of the 1913 folders will work. I have even installed pic rails on the rear of guns that have no pic rail adapters and it works great. It takes about 15 seconds to mount or dismount a pic rail mounted folding adapter or stock/brace. Tons of 1913 stocks and braces out there. If you are talking telescopic I have no info on those.
I am talking telescoping specifically. The folders are OK, but these almost look specifically design for the MPX style. I have confirmed folders work already.

I know I'm late but I can confirm that this particular brace does indeed fit BUT the telescopic function has to stay fully extended, it will not close in properly. It sits just a little off from the grooves to slide in properly. Maybe a slight modification of the pic rail to allow more space but I haven't tried. I use the brace and just leave it extended.

I know I'm late but I can confirm that this particular brace does indeed fit BUT the telescopic function has to stay fully extended, it will not close in properly. It sits just a little off from the grooves to slide in properly. Maybe a slight modification of the pic rail to allow more space but I haven't tried. I use the brace and just leave it extended.
Hey, that's still cool info. So the arms of the brace don't have clearance? are they too narrow or do they just not line up quite right with the channels on the UTAS receiver?

The arms don't quite line up with the channels, they are off by a hair, but it's enough not to collapse the brace
Having not seen it, I wonder if you can grind or sand off a bit on the inside of the arms so they will clear the channels? That way you would be modifying only the accessory and not the gun. I wouldn't sand the whole arms though, only the portion that interferes with the channels, cuz that might create slop when extended.

I did something similar with a mp5 brace. It didn't take much removal to make it work. Can't recall on what gun it was on but it wasn't the brace/stock mentioned in this thread. I hate making irreversible changes to a gun personally but don't mind at all modifying attachments.

The arms don't quite line up with the channels, they are off by a hair, but it's enough not to collapse the brace
Interesting. Based on what I looked at with the designs, it kinda seemed like if the picatinny rail itself could be moved slightly up or down, that might fix the alignment and let the brace arms travel right along those channels in the receiver. Any thoughts on that?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top