JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey ya'll.
I haven't posted a ton, but have definitely gotten some good advice and help from some of ya'll, and have enjoyed the community here.

Unfortunately, I had a life change that forced a move to Arizona.

If anyone has advice for a similar (though obviously not as good as this community) community to join here in the Tucson, AZ area, I'd appreciate it.

-Mike

P.S. I just didn't want to even worry about it, so I avoided California altogether while moving my firearms :s0112:

We have family friends in Bisbee. We are very interested in a chunk of acreage outside said, and have been working with the various moving parts (realtor, power, water), to make it happen. If not, well, there are other options. :)

Much appreciated, all.
I joined SouthwestFirearms. I don't know how i didn't know about it, before, haha. I was coming down to Tucson once a year to visit my father and brother (and roam the gem and mineral show, and shoot guns, and make excuses to drive up mountains and dig for rocks).

I'm going to be looking for some kind of property or something out here, soon-ish. But waiting on the house in washington to sell, first, so we'll see what we can see. Meanwhile - any of ya'll in or heading toward Tucson any time soon, feel free to hit me up. Got a gun range here in Catalina i may go to, and a free range up in Mammoth put up by the Lyons club for public use

-Mike

Akfiles.com has some Tucson members.
I lived in Tucson for a few years along time ago. Didn't like it.
Lived in Sierra Vista. It was okay.
Lived in Kingman. That was better. Miss the easy access to shooting spots. Don't miss the heat at all.

Lived there for a LONG time but it was long ago. Some already mentioned the other site for that state. Last time I was there was a few years ago to see family. Did not even recognize most of the place any more. Still miss the weather there.

Thanks @Brian Vedack i'll check it out.

Yeah i lived in the southern California mojave, growing up. Never was a fan of desert weather, but i can make do. And i can't complain about having spots to shoot relatively close by, or good rockhounding spots

Pima Air and Space museum is in Tucson. That's pretty cool.

The really nice winters down there almost make up for the horrid summers.

A good friend of mine involuntarily moved to Goodyear a few years ago. I've been going down to visit him the 1st weekend in December. That's when the SAR gun show takes place at the fairgrounds. It's really big.

Last Edited:
Pima Air and Space museum is in Tucson. That's pretty cool.

The really nice winters down there almost make up for the horrid summers.

A good friend of mine involuntarily moved to Goodyear a few years ago. I've been going down to visit him the 1st weekend in December. That's when the SAR gun show takes place at the fairgrounds. It's really big.

I've been to the Tucson gun show, year or two ago. Not too bad.

Making small talk with the car rental guy at Vegas last year, he asked me where we were from. I told him and he said, " Oh yeah I came through there a couple times a year a while back, my brother was living in Sheridan for a few years. " :eek::eek::eek:
My friend moved because his wife got a job down there and because she makes the money, he got to move. It wasn't really his choice. I still like visiting them.

Goodyear is a nice town in the Phoenix west valley. I lived in Buckeye and often found myself in Goodyear for a variety of reasons. I enjoyed the Goodyear Ballpark which is the spring training and player development home of the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds. Also, in Avondale, there is the monthly Pot of Gold Auction where I picked up some very nice bargain firearms. A pool in the backyard and a get-away place in the lake region in the higher elevations helps with the attitude adjustment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top