JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I purchased a stribog sp9a1 gen 2 from a private party at a ffl dealer in Central Oregon. Before my background check came back (still waiting for background check) my gf broke up with me so I moved back to Idaho. How do I get my weapon as I'm now an idaho resident? Thanks for any helpful info.

As long as you still have your OR ID, you should be fine. There's nothing to say you aren't just visiting ID, but if you surrendered your OR ID for Idaho already then you will likely have to have your firearm reshipped from the OR FFL to an Idaho FFL. Likely incurring an additional transfer fee.

Once your background check clears id just have the FFL dealer ship it to a Idaho FFL dealer for you to pick up. That's what I'd do if it were me. Because at the time you filled outbthe paper work etc youvwere an Oregon resident
But tat being said you may need to fill put the paper work in Idaho unless yiu drive bsck down to Oregon once your NICS check comes back as a Proceed with sale. They will have to have you sign off as always on the paperwork once your back ground check clears. So driving back to Oregon in my opinion would be the very best bet.

Being as you haven't updated you NWF profile location you should be good to go. :s0062:

On a more serious note, if it were me I'd contact the FFL involved and ask their advice.

So I purchased a stribog sp9a1 gen 2 from a private party at a ffl dealer in Central Oregon. Before my background check came back (still waiting for background check) my gf broke up with me so I moved back to Idaho. How do I get my weapon as I'm now an idaho resident? Thanks for any

With the cost of gas, it would be more cost effective to have the OR FFL ship it to an ID FFL to complete the transfer. With this, you no longer need the OR BGC.

I would have thought this would have come up BEFORE you made the physical move. You know, so you could talk to the FFL in person easily?

Being as you haven't updated you NWF profile location you should be good to go. :s0062:

On a more serious note, if it were me I'd contact the FFL involved and ask their advice.
Ya, oops. Havnt been on here since my last move and then took me a minute to find out how to update my location again. Moved to eastern Oregon for a couple months and that was all I could stand. Thanks for reminding me to update my information.

That's hilarious - makes for a funny story to tell your kids.
Get a new Oregonian GF.
Find a good, sensible Idahoan woman. Portland ones are becoming more like this daily....

22qmts.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads