JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I'm going to stock up a bit more and I'm looking at Readymade resources mountain house selection or nitro packs Backpackers pantry. I've had mountain house and consider it the best in terms of taste but I've never had backpackers pantry.

Also if anyone knows where to get this stuff cheaper let me know, and NO I will not shop at Costco.

I prefer Mountain House over Backpackers Pantry - just what I like to eat.

You could try Epicenter - they've got 10% off single cans and 25% off cases (of the same thing). Good through this Friday (4/27). Free shipping on cans, too.

Or, you could try Cost....

I choose by cost and flavor. Buying the bulk packs are good price, but you get sick of beef and Mac, or Stroganoff really fast. I did a tour of Mountain House and its pretty impressive, there made in Albany, OR. So its cool to buy local. I live on freeze dried food for camping (not car camping).

I choose by cost and flavor. Buying the bulk packs are good price, but you get sick of beef and Mac, or Stroganoff really fast. I did a tour of Mountain House and its pretty impressive, there made in Albany, OR. So its cool to buy local. I live on freeze dried food for camping (not car camping).

I ordered a case of beef stew and a case of breakfast bowels.Maybe we can set up some sort of swap thread and trade 2-3 cans.

I'd have to be awfully hungry to eat breakfast bowels.

Breakfast bowls, on the other hands, might be worth a try.

He He He
Just havin' a little fun.

Thrive, Shelf Reliance is pretty good stuff. Seems to have a little better variety of options than Mountain House.

Well I'm going to stock up a bit more and I'm looking at Readymade resources mountain house selection or nitro packs Backpackers pantry. I've had mountain house and consider it the best in terms of taste but I've never had backpackers pantry.

Also if anyone knows where to get this stuff cheaper let me know, and NO I will not shop at Costco.

Just curious, what do you have against Costco? Some of their bulk items for use for preparedness is considerably cheaper than buying off the web from the manufacturer.

Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry are both pretty good for what they are (even though 2000 calories worth have way more than your RDA of sodium, make sure you have access to plenty of potable water). I've heard good things about these guys too: Wise Company but haven't tried their stuff yet. 25 year shelf life sounds pretty good, though.

Mountain House freeze dried foods are usually my first choice. I have eaten entrees from No. 10 cans that were nearly 30 years old, and the food reconstituted quickly and was almost as tasty as fresh stock.

YMMV of course, but I have have never experienced anything bad from MH.

I'd have to be awfully hungry to eat breakfast bowels.

Breakfast bowls, on the other hands, might be worth a try.

He He He
Just havin' a little fun.

Thrive, Shelf Reliance is pretty good stuff. Seems to have a little better variety of options than Mountain House.

just rec. my beef stew and breakfast "bowels" a couple of minutes ago, these people are fast shippers.

Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry are both pretty good for what they are (even though 2000 calories worth have way more than your RDA of sodium, make sure you have access to plenty of potable water). I've heard good things about these guys too: Wise Company but haven't tried their stuff yet. 25 year shelf life sounds pretty good, though.

ArgyleAdams, I did a mini review of one of the Wise products. It's in another thread in the same section of this Forum. The Beef Stroganoff was "just OK".

Peter

First let me admit....Idaho vs. Oregon may be the answer to this issue but.....

How does Costco know you are carrying if its concealed?

Just asking,

T_H

Just a principle kind of thing, I dont see Sean penn movies,I don't bank at b of a and I don't shop at Costco. I have a long crap list of libtards, Marxists and known conspirators I won't give my money to.

Epicenter.com service is very good.

I only order things from Costco online with their free shipping, which is very convenient. I believe it is too late in the game to pick and choose who you do business with anymore. Now is the time to focus on prepping an individual or family. If Costco is $150 or local guy is $200, sorry it is Costco. It is too late to save the economy by doing the right thing anymore; it is set on a course toward destruction.

No disrespect to others that want to stick more to their ideals.

They don't allow concealed carry in their stores. If my rights stop at their door so does my cash.

I can respect that point of view.

For me, my money goes further using Costco, so I am able to do more for my family by shopping there, so I do. I carry every time I go into that store, as well as every other store. Screw them. I have a license to carry concealed so I do.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top