JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just when I think Ive seen everything I saw a guy riding a Harley yesterday on the street with 2 rifles on the back sticking straight up like antenna in a sort of gun rack. Had an American flag flying from the AR-15 which looked appropriate to me. My wife asked "Is that legal?" I told her as long as he didnt have a magazine in them and there wasnt one in the chamber I don't see how it would be different than keeping one in a car so yes. Might not be the best thing in case of a wreck but I'm just projecting since I always wreck motorcycles.

I'm going to say it's not illegal it would be just like the gun rack in the back window of you pick up truck witch you don't see much anymore I was north of Spokane in Newport Washington and I did see a guy with a deer rifle in the back window of his truck a few weeks ago and sense it's not deer season I'm guessing that it's there all the time

I knew a guy that blew the Kirkland NM gate on his bike with a loaded 870 on his back. They chased him down and scolded him pretty good. Honest mistake.

Not exactly apropos to riding around with your efN AR's strapped to your sissy bar, like an idiot! About 45-50 years ago there was a Gypsy Joker, (motorcycle club) who rode around inner North and North East PDX, in case you don't know Portland, it was the predominantly African American area then, with a sign on his bike that said, "Support Sickle Cell Anaemia!" Now that was a true, and complete moron! AR guy can't hold a candle to that kind of lunacy!

Not exactly apropos to riding around with your efN AR's strapped to your sissy bar, like an idiot! About 45-50 years ago there was a Gypsy Joker, (motorcycle club) who rode around inner North and North East PDX, in case you don't know Portland, it was the predominantly African American area then, with a sign on his bike that said, "Support Sickle Cell Anaemia!" Now that was a true, and complete moron! AR guy can't hold a candle to that kind of lunacy!
Every now and then you hear about someone with a death wish, but wanting to die slow, I just don't get that.

I'd bet there's more guys carrying on motorcycles than you might think. Just not so in your face as that example. 2 pins makes an AR fit in the bottom of a duffle bag. Duffle bag goes on back of bike. No one thinks twice about it. Well, no one has ever said anything to me anyway.

Speaking of crashing bikes with weaponry on board, my buddy dumped his Harley bagger (with no damage to the bike except the crash bar) and tumbled directly onto the pocketed S&W 642 on his hip. F_ing OUCH!

642 bruise crop.JPG

Speaking of crashing bikes with weaponry on board, my buddy dumped his Harley bagger (with no damage to the bike except the crash bar) and tumbled directly onto the pocketed S&W 642 on his hip. F_ing OUCH!

View attachment 362820

That's just awesome!

Thats sort of the motorcycle thing anyway. Say its not all you want but ... it is.

Everyone wants people to look at they're bike. That's plenty for most of us!

View attachment 362820

This is why I don't carry on my person when riding. I've had enough spills and bruises and broken bones to not tempt fate like that. There is a thread (or fifty) over on Adventure Rider regarding what gun to carry in your tank bag, and that is where most riders put their guns, that or in saddle bags.

I carried a Garand on my R100GS once - once. I broke it down (action and stock) and put it in a soft case, to ride from Seattle to PDX (I was going to give it to my dad). I got 5 miles from home and hit a slick spot on Mercer Island I90 and went down. The bike literally tumbled and suffered significant damage (although I was barely able to ride it home). Surprisingly, the rifle only had a small dent in the area of the ferrule.

As someone mentioned, motorcycles already attract enough attention, especially from LEOs, I don't need to advertise that I am also carrying a firearm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top