JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at the Mossberg patriot in 30-06, going to start hunting next year and dicks sporting goods has em at a reasonable price. Wanted to get some/any opinions or advice. I've used a marlin 336 in .32 win in years past but wanted to get something for bigger critters.

Wahkiakum County hasn't had many elephants lately, nor Grizzlies, nor Elk but with Christmas coming it's always time for an '06! A .32 Winchester Special is a fine caliber and you can always loan a round or two to a .30-30 user and watch him/her pull their hair out! My Grandad did that once.:):):)

Looking at the Mossberg patriot in 30-06, going to start hunting next year and dicks sporting goods has em at a reasonable price. Wanted to get some/any opinions or advice. I've used a marlin 336 in .32 win in years past but wanted to get something for bigger critters.

The patriots are nice rifles, and nothing wrong with .30-06, timeless classic.

If you're hunting western oregon .32 special in a lever gun is a nice and handy combo though.

They get excellent reviews.
I think that they're one of the nicest entry level bolt rifles on the market.
And you can even get one in walnut if you like wood.
'06 is a great all around cartridge. (150's for deer and 180's for elk)

I've been interested in the Mossbergs. They seem to be pretty innovative. I've just had a hard time getting over the looks of the stocks on the previous models. The new ones look much better and are available in wood, unlike many other rifles in this price range. Also, some of them have real sights! I'd like to play touchie-feelie with one. Not to mention it's a fairly inexpensive way to get back into the 375 Ruger.:D
I hunt with a 30-06 and it's probably my favorite round, but I am learning all over again why a lever action rifle, mine's a 30-30, still has it's place in the woods.
Just don't be silly and let go of that Marlin, YoungBlood.

'06 is a great all around cartridge. (150's for deer and 180's for elk)

Or just be lazy, er, uh, frugal, just shoot 180s at everything. :s0003:

I've been meaning to try different weight bullets, honestly. And the beauty of a 30-06 is the variety of loaded ammo and reloading components.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top