JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 930 with a tacstar sidesaddle...

I hate it.

First off, the screws are both at the back of receiver and no matter what the front end of it feels loose.

Then, the rubber hole which holds the shell holds it too well, they cannot be pulled out quickly, i have to mash it down with my palm, push it thru with my thumb and then it pulls free.

Finally, its always loose. You cannot tighten it more without it literally pinching the receiver which stops the bolt from moving...

The pulling of the shells makes it more loose, despite loctite.

So... Is there an alternative that works and isnt junk?

Better side saddle?
Speedfeed stock?

Anything?

I like the GG&G side saddles. But, I've only used them on 500s and 590s. On those guns, they are anchored by a screw that replaces the trigger assembly pin and a screw that goes through the side of the receiver from inside the ejection port. Its on their solid. I use a little graphite to keep shells from sticking. The shell tubes are angled so if you flip the shotgun to expose the magazine tube, the shells are pointed more toward you so you pull them straight out.

I use a sling that has four elastic shell holders. Yeah, it's two less rounds but you won't have to warry about a chunk of crap hanging off of your boomstick either. I also have nylon bandoleros that hold 25 rounds each I can drape over my shoulder.

I use a sling that has four elastic shell holders. Yeah, it's two less rounds but you won't have to warry about a chunk of crap hanging off of your boomstick either. I also have nylon bandoleros that hold 25 rounds each I can drape over my shoulder.

I tried the slings with shell carriers and I didn't like the way it changed the handling characteristics of the gun. Especially when trying to stop and shoot another target during transitions.

Another option is getting nylon shell cards with hook material on the back and then sticking on some loop material to your receiver. Makes for quick replacement and you can carry multiple cards. The shell loops will eventually get lose and you'll have to replace them.

I know the 500/590 stocks wont work because of the recoil spring inside the stock.

Might also be the reason I dont see one listed anywhere. Though the stock seems big enough that they could have room for the spring and the shells.......

Im trying to get my 930 sorted out. Its semi

Oh I get it, the 500/590 stock won't fit. I thought you meant the other way around.

The shell card thing is kinda handy because they're roughly the same size as an AR magazine and you can slide two in a 2-magazine carrier pouch. You can attach loop strips on your receiver and on the opposite side of the stock from your cheek if you want to grab and go with a bunch of ammo.

I figured it was useless as is...

I tried cutting them....

See picture.

Still holds them, if I shake it repeatedly as hard as I can, one shell starts to move.... we'll see how it lasts.

Ill still check out the velcro though.
20190908_161459.jpg

FYI: The owners of SideSaddle (Lyman) will probably replace yours if it's bad. I bought a kit in SleezeBay that lacked parts and they nailed them to me for free. mine attaches well and has zero issues.

Speed Feed stocks are bad, under recoil they shells will pop out of the stock. Had one, hated it.

if I were to do again, GG&G would be the next one I'd get

I'm looking at your side saddle and all of the ones I've had are not completely enclosing the shells. Where did you find yours?

This is the same as all of the others I've purchased over the years.
E1456F25-B0DF-418C-8529-C7B449D587E9.jpeg

Last Edited:
For my 18" SLP I use a Mesa Tactical one on the side of the receiver as well. Fired more than 1000 rounds out it so far and it is GTG. It is expensive and you replace the pins with threaded screws. Went on fairly easy but it if you want to take apart the bolt and trigger assembly you need to take the shell carrier off.

Mesa Tactical

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads