JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so here's the deal. I've got a Mossberg 835 ulti-mag that has been for sale for quite some time now, no offers or interests in it. So I may as well keep it. I'd like to turn it into a tactical type shotgun. Any ideas on where or if I can find a shorter barrel, different furniture or other accesories for it ? I've checked quite a few websites and have found nothing for it. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hacksaw, and a file, should shorten the barrel ok. Get a new bead and a tap&drill, and you got a shorter barrel. Po-Man's tactical shotgun.

It looks like 835 takes the same furniture as the 500 (according to the internet). As for barrel, you could try calling mossberg and asking for a short barrel, or you could just cut your barrel down if you're ok with no choke.

I have an 835 too and some of the furniture from a 500/590 fits. I had a Knoxx recoil-reducing m4 style adjustable stock I bought and put on was nice but messed up the line of site as you cheek sits too high to look straight down the barrel. Not sure if its the design of the stock or because it was made for a 500. I loved the recoil reducing part but not being able to sight it got old so I ended up putting the stock stock back on.
I would also like a shorter barrel for mine, I have the 28" ported and it a bit long I would like something for home defense without having to chop up my barrel.

To be honest they 835's sell for around $275 on the high side in nice shape for the all black synthetic version. I only paid $160 in a gunshop for mine because it was really dirty. The turkey camo's sell used for about $325 and the full on turkey tactical for about $400. Prices may be higher in your neck of the rain forest.
Plus you have not bumped for nearly seven months. Would be good to put up for turkey season that is right around the corner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top