JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
White light easily actuated, single point sling, mag tube extension, side saddle w/slugs.

Keep it slick and simple. Just my .02
There's no mag tube extension for the 500 (without significant modification), because the takedown screw is internally threaded. But I'm fine with five in the tube for home defense storage; I'll have a fanny pack with loose shells if that's not enough.

Figuring out the light and sling are what I'm working on currently. I'm looking into a single point sling that I can strap to the buttstock so it's not in the way, but I can easily deploy, and can unhook and attach to the front swivel to convert it to a two-point sling for when it's not in home defense mode.

I like the gray. I originally wanted to do the same on my 1301, but Aridus only sells black and FDE with his stock conversions.
I admit, I did search extensively to find pictures of Magpul furniture of various colors on blued Mossbergs (surprisingly tough, most seem to have a matte finish these days).

I really want a 1301. If I ever get really into shotgunning and have a couple grand burning a hole in my pocket...

I agree with this, BUT they're less likely to interfere with the moving parts at the front of a pump-action. So I'm essentially looking for a convertible zero/one/two point sling setup.
Never had a problem with my VCAS running on my 870, forward mount on the side, rear mount at 12 o'clock, zero inference. I gave up on convertible slings because I prefer a solid, quick adjust in a 2 point and a bungee in a single point, so for me it is one or the other and the single point is a niche item.

As far as a light goes I'm using a Surefire integrated forend, that is where I want the light on a pump.

I originally got a Surefire integrated forend for my 590-A1 but it shorted during my initial run and I returned it. Granted, it was Amazon, so I probably didn't get a legit Surefire. I'm running a Streamlight on it now and no issues despite bringing it along just to put some shells through it during training for a long time.

All my bubblegum is locked up very secure but the 590-A1 holds down the fort here.

Never had a problem with my VCAS running on my 870, forward mount on the side, rear mount at 12 o'clock, zero inference. I gave up on convertible slings because I prefer a solid, quick adjust in a 2 point and a bungee in a single point, so for me it is one or the other and the single point is a niche item.

As far as a light goes I'm using a Surefire integrated forend, that is where I want the light on a pump.
I figure I will probably have to experiment with different sling configurations before I come up with one I like.

This is my 590A1. I keep this shotgun in a gun sock since is not my primary shotgun anymore.

I also added a S&J Hardware 2 round extension as well. I really like my Blue Force Gear VCAS. I did buy a CDM Gear MRT and just using a TLR-1s light.

https://www.mountsplus.com/cdm-gear...ne-clamp-with-3-slot-railflahlight-mount.html

BBCAD033-3BD0-4C4B-8B99-0A3CB7C4FE96.jpeg

Thinking about a proper fore-end light instead of this simple gun light.

Last Edited:
Got my sling set up today. The Uncle Mike's swivel on the front works well for converting from single-point to two-point.

Magpul MS3 Sling Gen 2 (gray) and SGA Receiver Sling Mount
Magpul Sling and Mount.png Magpul Sling - Single-Point.png Magpul Sling - Two-Point.png

The single-point setup hangs well and is easy to maneuver. The pictures don't show it, but the muzzle hangs just a few inches below my knee. I plan to store it this way, with the sling folded up and fixed to the stock with a sling retention band.
Magpul Sling Single-Point Front.png Magpul Sling Single-Point Side.png Magpul Sling Single-Point Rear.png

The two-point setup will work well for hiking and hauling it around. The stock doesn't hang out too far, considering the sling is mounted at the rear of the receiver.
Magpul Sling Two-Point Rear.png Magpul Sling Two-Point Left.png

Over one shoulder.
Magpul Sling Two-Point (one shoulder) Rear.png Magpul Sling Two-Point (one shoulder) Left.png

Got my sling set up today. The Uncle Mike's swivel on the front works well for converting from single-point to two-point.

Magpul MS3 Sling Gen 2 (gray) and SGA Receiver Sling Mount
View attachment 1146121View attachment 1146124View attachment 1146125

The single-point setup hangs well and is easy to maneuver. The pictures don't show it, but the muzzle hangs just a few inches below my knee. I plan to store it this way, with the sling folded up and fixed to the stock with a sling retention band.
View attachment 1146135View attachment 1146137View attachment 1146136

The two-point setup will work well for hiking and hauling it around. The stock doesn't hang out too far, considering the sling is mounted at the rear of the receiver.
View attachment 1146139View attachment 1146138

Over one shoulder.
View attachment 1146141View attachment 1146140
I had one of the Magpul 2to1 slings just couldn't get into it. I ended up giving it to my daughter, she seems to like it. Good looking setup.

One suggestion assuming you carry your pistol right handed, when slinging your single point (both really) rather than putting your right arm through the sling and allowing the shotgun to drape on the right of your body put your left side through and have hang on the other side, it face "backwards". By doing that you leave clear access to your side arm and are able to maintain control of the shotgun with your support hand to avoid the ol' nut bash. Something to check out.

One suggestion assuming you carry your pistol right handed, when slinging your single point (both really) rather than putting your right arm through the sling and allowing the shotgun to drape on the right of your body put your left side through and have hang on the other side, it face "backwards". By doing that you leave clear access to your side arm and are able to maintain control of the shotgun with your support hand to avoid the ol' nut bash. Something to check out.
Hmm, good info, I'll have to experiment. I only know a couple of sling techniques.