JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted to see the consensus of people, owners etc. I love the 2 I have:

#1 Tula 1934 Hex M91/30
--- Good feeding and loading, clean bore, no counter-bore, very accurate.
#2 Izhevek 1943 Round M38
--- Bit of a Bi^chin' Betty, seems to like the abuse, but still shoots and has all it's original parts, surprisingly.

Since I have em, any preferences of pre-war vs. mid-WWI/WWII vs. post war?

I miss them all very much

Russian_C_R_005.jpg

Russian_C_R_006.jpg

Should probably find another 91/30 it was my favorite next to the SKS

Have a plain ol' laminated stock M44, and....

damn, I was trying to figure out a way to say this w/o making a pun, but all I can come up with are things like

"it's a blast" and

"it's a kick"

Glad I got into this hobby while there was at least one cheap milsurp rifle left...

They're tanks and are probably the easiest rifle to dissassemble and reassemble I have ever seen. Straight shooters too. You get a lot of bang for your buck....these rifles are clearly a "diamond in the rough" so to speak for how much they cost and the availability of ammo.

I agree, they aren't as "feature-rich" as more modern rifles, but when you wanna save ammo, 1 at time is sometimes all you need.

Any preferences on ammo? Wolf, Prvi, Barnaul, Polish, *insert country ending in*-ian?

I personally like Wolf and Polish/Bulgarian surplus.

Mosins are my favorite rifle. I have a Russian ex-sniper, two Finn M39s and one Finn M28/76.

Keith

I have 5 total, and my antique m39 is by far my favorite of the bunch. One of my favorite rifles period in fact. It's beautiful, rugged, built like a tank, shoots great and.. and... ugh i just looove it so much!

For a rifle that is only 1/100,000 or so, it's fairly cheap too. Get them now for $200-400 depending on condition/rarity

Ya know, Hitman, I normally do not like 'bubba'ed' military rifles (especially Mosins), but that one looks to be very well executed...downright impressive :).

For those that haven't seen one, here is an example (sorry, poor photo) of a Finnish Model 28/76, nominally used as a military competition shooter and sniper training rifle. Interestingly, Finnish Mosins including this rifle and the current Finn Army sniper rifle, the Tkiv 85, are all built with Tsarist-era receivers. I believe that that fact alone attests to the robustness of these rifles.

Oops, I forgot to mention, I also have a Finn M91.

Keith

Just bought a 91-30 in Rifle Colorado.Came with sling,bayonet and tools oh ? came with four ammo pouches too.Spent all night cleaning it up got to get it back to Oregon before I shoot it.If it's anything like everyone says I'll be a happy camper. 1943 matching numbers for $119.00.

Have an M44 that I really enjoy. For the money, it is basically impossible to find a better rifle. Durable, dependable, and shoots like it was made yesterday.

I'm glad to see positive feedback on this. reminds me of a few quotes from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (around the era the rifles first came into being. 3 separate centuries of service...)

Allan Quatermain: If you can't do it with one bullet, don't do it at all.

Allan Quatermain: Automatic rifles. Who in God's name has automatic rifles?
Elderly Hunter: Dashed unsporting. Probably Belgian.

Allan Quatermain: Now, would you like to learn to shoot?
Tom Sawyer: I can already.
Allan Quatermain: Oh, I saw. Very American. Fire enough bullets and hope to hit the target.