JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was watching fox news this morning and they had a small segment about how the world food supply was getting to almost nothing. When you consider all the abnormal weather nationwide and any eath changes such as earthquakes etc... it won't be long and the shelves in the stores will start looking empty, along with inflation and up and coming hyper inflation, food prices are going to soar through the roof. All I can say is that everyone has had access to information over the last 10-15 years on what was going on with the powers that are, and what they have been doing to all of us behind our backs. But yet strangely but true most have ignored these warnings and thought that those that were preparing and trying to alert others as to what is going on, that we all were out on the fringe and paranoid.
So they had just as much chance to prepare also but chose not to. Those that didn't prepare will end up being part of the mobs and zombies going from place to place looking for those that have prepared and have food looking for handouts or outright trying to take it away from you.
You can either try and help those that need a little food or be ready to protect and defend what you have.

As more and more prepers come on line how will that effect you? The plan of most people was to get enough supplies to "outlast" everyone else. If you are preping for a total collapse then with everyone preping the collapse will last much longer, or will it? My own plans are to take care of myself, family and help my community as best as I am able. Not knowing the morals of other prepers, things could change, what do you think?

jj

I think you are right. One of the main differences of the depression back in the 20's and 30's was the morals of the people. Back then most everyone had much higher morals than the people of today. Morals have pretty much went down the tube. I think a vast majority of the people across this nation haven't prepared in any way shape or form. There will be alot of good people that we can help when that time comes, but then there will be people that you may end up helping and later come back with a mob to take what food you have away from you, no matter what the cost is. First and foremost is take care of you and your family then if you are able to help other people, than thats what the lord would want us to do. But we must really be aware and watch who we help. As said, they could come back witha mob and try and take everything you have away, even if it means killing you and your family to get it. When people are hungry enough, they will do anything in order to eat and feed there families. You will see what used to be fine upstanding people turn to being vicious monsters if they don't have anything to eat and they know that you do. Best keep low, and not let anyone know that you have food or supplies stuck away for your own survival.

As more and more prepers come on line how will that effect you? The plan of most people was to get enough supplies to "outlast" everyone else. If you are preping for a total collapse then with everyone preping the collapse will last much longer, or will it? My own plans are to take care of myself, family and help my community as best as I am able. Not knowing the morals of other prepers, things could change, what do you think?

jj

Received the latest Trends Journal yesterday (pretty long - 44 pages). Thought this "Trendpost" was interesting since it mentions the survivalist/preper community in relation to a situation the Trends Journal sees as entirely possible, or even likely to occur. Will only post a few paragraphs for copyright reasons.

-----------------------------------------------

Trendpost: Cyberwar simulations constructed by military
and security experts suggest that much of the action will
be directed to disrupting weapons systems, surveillance
platforms, and military transport and communications.
At the same time, however, it is likely that elements of a
nation’s infrastructures will be challenged to varying degrees.
Whether it be the electrical grid, air traffic control,
financial transaction systems, or the Internet as a whole, a
nation’s infrastructure — all across the supply chain —will
be seen as fair game.
Even short of all-out cyberwar, we can expect significant
temporary disruptions to Internet-related activities as
cyber-forces test their weapons, send proofs of their deterrent
capabilities to potential adversaries, and even lose
control of Trojan horses implanted in IT systems.
It will be no easy matter, but individuals and organizations
will be well served by creating their own simulations
of how life and business can go on in the absence of the
Internet-related functions they have become accustomed to.
Cyber disruptions will, in effect, put people “off the
grid” even if they don’t choose to be. Survivalist-style
strategies for storing resources — money, fuel, food, etc.
— may provide the best answers for getting through the
disruption for the short term.

I am well prepared for the maximum realistic disconnect from society (60 days) in terms of gas, propane, heat, water, medicines, first aid, 4WD rugged transport, firearms, radios, etc. I too think that natural disaster is the most likely (and the society breakdown that will occur temporarily).

My problem with food preparedness is I eat almost no canned foods normally (can't stand it) so I don't have enough on-hand and can't rotate my stock like I can with the fuels, water, medicine, ammo, batteries...

Frozen foods won't last as my usage of the generator will be limited to the mandatory, mostly charging batteries and running the pellet stove fans for winter heat.
Freeze-dried is expensive and MREs are so full of sodium and calories I'll never eat them except in an emergency so stock rotation is non-existent so my single case will have to do.

Sure, most canned foods are inexpensive when case-purchased at Costco and I have considered just making the purchases and then giving them away to food banks after 3-4 years and re-stocking, but I never get around to it.

Opinions?

Thanks.

The preacher man says it's the end of time
And the Mississippi River she's a goin' dry
The interest is up and the Stock Markets down
And you only get mugged
If you go down town

I live back in the woods, you see
A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me
I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long
I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn
We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too
Ain't too many things these ole boys can't do
We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine

Because you can't starve us out
And you cant makes us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma'am
And if you ain't into that we don't give a damn

We came from the West Virginia coalmines
And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

I had a good friend in New York City
He never called me by my name, just hillbilly
My grandpa taught me how to live off the land
And his taught him to be a businessman
He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
And I'd send him some homemade wine

But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
For 43 dollars my friend lost his life
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Cause a country boy can survive

Cause you can't starve us out and you can't make us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma'am
And if you ain't into that we don't give a damn

We're from North California and south Alabam
And little towns all around this land
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

I am well prepared for the maximum realistic disconnect from society (60 days) ...

Opinions?

Thanks.

I would look towards long shelf life canned that you could tolerate in an emergency. Don't know about your finances, but as you know, 60 days worth of canned food would cost considerably less than a 60 day supply of any other kind (Freeze Dried, Dehydrated, MREs). You would supplement the canned with whatever else you have around (frozen, fresh, etc.), so maybe it would be tolerable?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top