JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We must be careful and perform due dilligence so we can arm ourselves with facts, and not kneejerk reactions to opinion articles like this one.

RonS, don't take this as a personal attack against you. All of us get PO'd when we read stuff like this. Problem is, this issue has made the rounds already. It's not a "non-story", but it is something that has been in the works for many years. Lead mining and smelting is pretty nasty to the environment and to those doing the work. China has little regard for their environment or workers so it's much cheaper to have them take on the risk and provide a finished product to us.

Not that there isn't plenty to blame on the current occupant of the white house, but this isn't one of them.

In all honesty we are in big trouble those who are awake realize what is happening to our rights and freedoms. We post to prepare for SHTF but why don't we realize that we are in SHTF. Rotten Government and an ignorant populace who keep on reelecting the same ole politicians for life.

I don't believe the 2nd Amendment says anything about ammunition/ powder etc.. If a backdoor exists, this is it. Limits on storage, limits on sales/ transfers. Ammunition permits? Safety tax? All speculation now but you can bet the usual suspects are scheming about ammunition. On a local level especially!

Some of you are lead by the nose of your political idols without a hint of critical thought or independent investigation.

I wish I had a political idol. As usual I try and support the least bad small govt. type. I've never been truly enthusiastic over a politician. Never understood those that do. Walking around with the President on your T-shirt or a big poster? That's idol worship imho. Holding my nose and usually voting Republican is as good as it gets for the likes of me. I've come to this conclusion through a lot of critical thought and independent investigation btw.

Some of you are lead by the nose of your political idols without a hint of critical thought or independent investigation.

If you can do nothing but gripe, just go away. No one tied you up and forced you to read anything.
Making derogatory remarks all over does you no good.

Communist news network .....
All the mainstream news is like that anymore

No doubt about it Taku....Regarding the OP, I actually want people to get angry, even if a few of the facts are wrong. The majority of the real facts have been glossed over buy this puppet regime and administration. Its time for action, not apathy!

I don't believe the 2nd Amendment says anything about ammunition/ powder etc.. If a backdoor exists, this is it. Limits on storage, limits on sales/ transfers. Ammunition permits? Safety tax? All speculation now but you can bet the usual suspects are scheming about ammunition. On a local level especially!

It doesn't say anything about guns either BUT it does speak of ARMS. Ammunition and the components which make the ammunition are part of arms. Without ammunition for firearms, they are just pieces of iron and wood, not ARMS.

It doesn't say anything about guns either BUT it does speak of ARMS. Ammunition and the components which make the ammunition are part of arms. Without ammunition for firearms, they are just pieces of iron and wood, not ARMS.
Perhaps your right. It's a sure bet the gun grabbers who have political power don't see it your way though.

No doubt about it Taku....Regarding the OP, I actually want people to get angry, even if a few of the facts are wrong. The majority of the real facts have been glossed over buy this puppet regime and administration. Its time for action, not apathy!

They are using as many environmental laws as they can to attack the ammo now.
Typical leftist underhanded tactics. None of them have any morals or ethics.
Or even a fragment of common sense.

When you do research on this particular topic, you'll find that it was the Bush administration that enacted those particular laws. There are plenty of things to blame on this administration, but this isn't one of them. And I seriously doubt that the environmental issues were undertaken for the sole purpose of eliminating lead mining and smelting.

We've undertaken many steps to minimize pollutants. Look at the steel industry. At one time, Pittsburg looked like a scene out of a science fiction movie with the skies black from smoke and the Monongahela river on fire. I'm not saying that some environmental legislation isn't aimed at shutting down some industries, but I can't really think that this legislation was put in place for the sole purpose of eliminating ammunition production in this country.

When you do research on this particular topic, you'll find that it was the Bush administration that enacted those particular laws. There are plenty of things to blame on this administration, but this isn't one of them. And I seriously doubt that the environmental issues were undertaken for the sole purpose of eliminating lead mining and smelting.

We've undertaken many steps to minimize pollutants. Look at the steel industry. At one time, Pittsburg looked like a scene out of a science fiction movie with the skies black from smoke and the Monongahela river on fire. I'm not saying that some environmental legislation isn't aimed at shutting down some industries, but I can't really think that this legislation was put in place for the sole purpose of eliminating ammunition production in this country.

Can you post the information you speak of please.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

No disrespect to anyone who has come across this story and become angry. You'll see many articles pointing to the current administration for the cause of the plant shutdown, but it just isn't true. Not that we don't have plenty of things to be P.O.d about, this just isn't one of them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top