JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the dog of my grown up kid broke loose and went after a sea lion, I'd do my best to drag it away too. I strongly oppose this guy's political beliefs, but I see nothing in this incident to criticize him for.

We would face charges and the dog would be put down...but he and his family are part of the ruling elite now. They are above the law of harming marine mammals.

I'm wondering how big of a ticket I would get if my dog killed a sea lion? Pretty sure it is some sort of violation, not to mention a ticket for not being in control of the dog. Yes it was on a leash, but clearly that was not enough to control it. I've heard of people being cited for much less.

Bad news just keeps rolling in for this guy.

Dupe thread, by the way.

I didn't see it but then again I haven't ventured out of the legal section much. In many places if a dog bites another animal or a human it must be put down. I love dogs I grew up with a mutt and my wife has a chocolate lab. For the most part dogs behavior and personality are a result of how they are trained and treated by the owners. If they've had that dog since it was a puppy then it's likely a result of how they care for the dog. Granted this isn't always the case animals can always be unpredictable but for the most part if a dog is trained, socialized and well taken care of its not going to run off and randomly kill a wild animal.

That dog should not have been in public, leash or no leash. It refused all order to release and it took over a minute of beating, yelling, and pulling to get it to let go, which it probably did because the sea lion went limp. That's a dangerous animal that I would never allow my kids around. If I'd been there I would have slit it's throat.

If the dog of my grown up kid broke loose and went after a sea lion, I'd do my best to drag it away too. I strongly oppose this guy's political beliefs, but I see nothing in this incident to criticize him for.

Years ago, I was at Lake of the Woods, walking a new puppy down a trail. Some rotten folks with no control over their shepherd mix (big dog) were camping in a spot 25 yards or so from the trail, and that dog tore loose from the person holding a leash and attacked our puppy. I managed to get the dog off of the pup, before much more than a bit of broken skin happened, but I did quite a lot of damage to the aggressive dog in the process. The owners were not happy with me, but backed off eventually.

I don't know why I didn't have my pistol, but I remember thinking if I had, that would have been a dead dog.

I've never understood people who have dogs and don't bother training them.

Must have been a slow news day. Dog Attacks Seal? Stay tuned, cat stuck in tree after these messages.

Actually IF it was or is on the news they would have said, "seal pup attacks Mike Kelly's dog, news at 10''. I noticed he never looked around much, kept his head and face down. Got off the beach fast. It keeps getting better, and better. Now we'll see what type of follow up goes down. He'll probably apologize, donate some money to the ''save the seals'' bunch, and it'll be forgotten.

I wonder if he will come out on his facebook page and say he never intended to keep the dog, he was just keeping it for a while to show how easy it is for irresponsible pet owners to get evil attack dogs, and we need more anti-dog laws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top