JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Anybody else had their posts changed by moderator's or flat deleted?

In the thread about moving here from Kalifornia there were some "anti' Cali comments. Thread has been altered to remove all those posts and the wording in my posts were changed.

Sure doesn't feel like an open forum when ideas are edited to fit the mods views.

As with any forum, it belongs to the owner and it's up to him/them to decide what to allow, change or remove. Just like I do in the ones I own. You agree to that when you sign up to post on a forum.
There are lots of other forums out there that might suit you better if what goes on here bothers you.

As with any forum, it belongs to the owner and it's up to him/them to decide what to allow, change or remove. Just like I do in the ones I own.

Yeah that's obvious, however it's not good practice to alter posts when it is not an offensive post. That just reals of heavy handed censorship and personal agendas. On the sites you moderate do you only allow your personal viewpoint to be seen?

This is my take on it. Even though this site is open to the public, it is not owned by the public. For example: I can walk into the grocery store and exercise my freedom of speech but if I am viewed by their management as being disruptive I will be asked to stop or leave. Internet sites are no different. Every internet site I have joined clearly makes me check off an agreement with the rules before allowing me access.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

SteelyDan it is the same on many gun forums. The hypocrisy is rampant.
But even worst is those who say it is the forum "if you don't like the way it is run, leave". If I am not mistaken, thinking like that is what sent millions of immigrants to America.
The dumbest thing is the almost universal "don't criticize the mods policy on forums."

Anybody else had their posts changed by moderator's or flat deleted?

In the thread about moving here from Kalifornia there were some "anti' Cali comments. Thread has been altered to remove all those posts and the wording in my posts were changed.

Sure doesn't feel like an open forum when ideas are edited to fit the mods views.

This was not a thread on moving from California to Oregon it was a new member introduction. If we all welcomed our new members in such a way as you and some others had, we would not have as many members as we do.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads