JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hello all,

I need some money for my upcoming vacation, and am putting some additional rifles of mine up for sale.

First up is my collectible No. 1 Mk. 1* 22 Pattern 1914 British training rifle. I won this rifle at auction from the Bob Faris Collection. Only reason I am selling this one is because I won two of them. Description: 1899 RSAF Enfield Production/1905 Westley Richards Conversion/1914 AG Parker Conversion/British Service/Australian Service; .22 LR. Very rare, Australian-issued Lee-Enfield Pattern 1914 No. 1 Short Rifle...this rifle was produced as a standard Long Lee rifle in 1899 at the RSAF Enfield. Initially chambered in .303 British, it was first converted to Short Lee configuration by Westley Richards in 1905, and then converted to its present trainer configuration by AG Parker during the First World War. A possible veteran of the Boer War, this Enfield remained in British service until its conversion, before being transferred to Australia, where it presumably spent the remainder of its service life. Composed of all-matching, numbered parts, the rifle additionally retains the original volley sight base and is in original service condition. An excellent shooter, fully functional, and hits point of aim, this rare trainer represents a superb investment. Condition: Good to very good condition overall, the rifle has seen no post-service refinish and retains around 50% thinning blue, the balance turning gracefully to patina. No rust or deep pitting are present. Markings are well-struck, nicely preserved, correct, and matching numbers are found on the bayonet boss/nose cap, barrel, bolt handle, and furniture, with the receiver renumbered matching. Import mark is on the right of the action body, and D-Broad Arrow property mark is present on the barrel knox and buttstock. Furniture is in good condition, showing knackering, dings and abrasions, as well as arsenal patches. No cracks or chips are noted, and the buttstock displays both correct cartouches and unit marking disk. Mechanically sound, the bore is very good with strong, well-defined rifling, no rust or frost and only a light trace of pitting, only visible under magnification. An all-around outstanding example of a rare British martial arm. I'm asking $950obo. You will not find another rifle like this. If you give me my original asking price I'll also include a nice P07 long bayonet with this rifle. That makes a really nice deal and a hell of a collectible.
pattern14_1.png pattern14_2.png pattern14_3.png pattern14_4.png pattern14_5.png

Everything else is gone. Thanks for looking. Shane

Last Edited:
The paint stripes on your P14 are to indicate that the barrel was welded at the breech. If you look at the stock, you can see the notch where they drilled and welded a bolt through the chamber. I used to buy them srom SARCO for 35.00 each in lots of 5. We rebarreled most of them to magnum hunting rifles. I doubt that the stock is Winchester as all of them I bought were Enfield manufacture. They were used in India as training rifles. If your rifle has the orignal barrel, the stock is not orignal to it for sure. They are great rifles in any event. Good luck with your sale.

Ahh I see. No I added the stock. For some reason I thought the stripes were to differentiate the .303 rifles from the .30-06 rifles. My bad. This rifle isn't DP or welded, it is good to shoot.

Ahh I see. No I added the stock. For some reason I thought the stripes were to differentiate the .303 rifles from the .30-06 rifles. My bad. This rifle isn't DP or welded, it is good to shoot.
When they welded the chambers, they did not damage any other part of the rifle so a simple barrel swap would make them good to go. When I lived in Germany, we would go to the Leige (Belgium) Sunday swap meet. There were vendors with tables of firearms (many machine guns) that had been dewated by welding the breech. In Europe that was considered a proper dewat. All that was nessisary was to replace the barrel and you were live again. They were sold like a potato in the next stall......cash, no names or problems. I actually imported an M1 Garand that I bought there when they were somewhat rare here in the US. We rebarreled it when we got back and sold it for a lot of money. I went back to the Sunday swap meet last year looking for them but no one was selling guns. Now they have a huge convention in Leige once a year where many big dealers go and buy inventory for the year. These days, they dewat the automatic gun's to US standards and import them as Parts kits.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.