JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gotta be a new record???

796.jpg

Overall length aka. seating depth, style of bullet, Primer, weight of bullet, condition of brass, Amount of powder,
type of powder and type of firearm.
When anyone of these variables could be cause for disaster, why would you want to mess with anything else ?

I'm curious what would happen if you mixed fast and slow burning powders. The idea would be to prevent an early pressure spike and teetering coming from using only fast powder, and to prevent too much slow burning powder burning after it leaves the barrel. And ultimately be able to achieve higher velocities at lower maximum pressures.
Does this make sense, has anyone tried this?
Elmer Keith of Elmer Keith fame developed artillery duplex loads and forward burn primer tubes for the government but he was smart.

Should you care to read it, your reloading manual advises against such practices. When reloading.......I'm not trying to win any "Darwin Awards". So, I figure that.......being safe, is better than being sorry.

IMHO.....
Don't do it! :eek:

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads