JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess if sold guns do not count and ones I couldn't afford do not either then I guess when I bought my 1981 police trade in for $200 I could have bought an exactly set up mossberg trade in for another $200 but at the time I thought WTH do I need 2 really nice HD gun for… famous last words I suppose.

I used to run a pizza place in a California college town between '94 and '96. The apartments directly across the road had little balconies that were direct line of sight to the big window where I spent a lot of time working.
A decent looking little cutie would be outside often enough to make eye contact with me, and exchange smiles.
Nothing overt , just some medium range chemistry. It was never prolonged, but she did live there for my entire work tenure.
A year or so later I'm on a date with a sure thing way down in the Bay area. Walking around wasted with my equally wasted friends and my F buddy on my arm bar hopping and I'll be goddamndd.
Myself and the smiley neighbor chick almost collide on the sidewalk. She's out with some dude , but we locked eyes for that one last moment. You know, face to face after all that time. We both knew. Shoulda coulda woulda.
Never seen that one again.

At a gunshow years ago I was offered an unfired SPAS12 in the box for $600 but I passed because I was on the lookout for something else.

The biggest regret is a friend of mine got a line about 17 years ago to get some P7M13 HK handguns for about $400 each, used but in good condition. I only bought one of them, and I should have bought many, many, many more as there were many available at that price. So stupid.

I had just gotten off work and popped into a pawnshop, there was 2 k31's on the wall for $130 ea. I didnt know what I was looking at then so I slept on it. Rushed in the next morning to swoop them up but they were gone. Another was a minty Vz58 with 6 mags for $600 at a now out of business gun store. I think about not buying these guns regularly and lie to myself that I wont pass up good deals like that again.

What are some guns you regret not buying or wanted to buy but missed them by just a bubblegums hair
It was me. I got that vz58 and there's nothing you can do about it!

0D278D26-5559-4649-86CD-1F16A11AA996.jpeg

Ah damn got a little excited lol
Beautiful rifle though. How do you like it? Ive never had the chance to shoot one
It's actually my 3rd one. It's a great design overall, very light, fun to shoot, but 2 of 3 have had problems. Trigger is fairly heavy (I'd estimate 8 pounds) in any case. One was so overgassed that it kept smashing its piston spring to pieces when running Yugo surplus ammo (ran fine with commercial ammo though) and another suffered a parts breakage with the FCG that basically turned it into a single shot. People like to compare them to AK's, usually arguing they're better but I've found them to be a bit more finicky and less robust. Maybe that's just stateside manufactures not being able to assemble parts kits though. The 3rd is so far so good but I've not fired it much.

Sad miss connection....

A long way back...my Great Grandfather died...
Before he passed away , he promised me his antique , but still working percussion long rifle...
And two tin-types of relatives who fought with the 5th / 9th Kentucky Infantry during the War.

After the service...we went back to the family farm and found those items...plus many other items of value missing from the house.
Never did find out who took 'em....:mad:
Andy

Sad miss connection....

Before he passed away , he promised me his antique , but still working percussion long rifle...
And two tin-types of relatives who fought with the 5th / 9th Kentucky Infantry during the War.

After the service...we went back to the family farm and found those items...plus many other items of value missing from the house.
Andy
bubblegum man I know the pain. My mom's late FIL was an avid collector, tons of ww1-ww2 stuff, original 1911's, the works. There was a at least 150 rifles alone and tote bins full of pistols. My step dad asked me to come help sort them for whats worth keeping and what can be sold off. He let me pick a free gun from the bunch for the help so I took an sks not trying to be greedy and was planning to buy more from them. Well about 2 weeks later his step mom sold everything for $30k to cabelas without telling anyone

Sad miss connection....

Andy
Oh man, that's rough.... On a similar note, my grandmother told me I could take possession and care of the purple heart my great uncle was given for dying in the battle of the bulge. When she died that item and several other small valuables went missing quickly and nobody in the family knows where they went. I assume nursing staff was to blame but with no proof....

Sometimes when family members pass, odd things have a way of happening

Guy I knew was selling son lever actions. I really wanted the Rossi 92 in 38/357. He had a model 94 in 30-30 that was mint. He also had a Marlin 30-30 that was a model 1939 I believe. I did not know anything about the marlin so I told him I needed to research it. I bought the Rossi on the spot and later the Winchester. I went home and looked up the Marlin only to find that gun was built in 1939. Called him back to buy it and he had already sold it. The price for all three was as much as I ended up paying him for the two I bought. Stupid mistake on my part.

Oh man, that's rough.... On a similar note, my grandmother told me I could take possession and care of the purple heart my great uncle was given for dying in the battle of the bulge. When she died that item and several other small valuables went missing quickly and nobody in the family knows where they went. I assume nursing staff was to blame but with no proof....

Sometimes when family members pass, odd things have a way of happening
Sad.....but very true.

Not sure who I am going to give my medals and awards to after I pass...
Same for my firearms.

Hopefully I will have some time to consider this....:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA