JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had just gotten off work and popped into a pawnshop, there was 2 k31's on the wall for $130 ea. I didnt know what I was looking at then so I slept on it. Rushed in the next morning to swoop them up but they were gone. Another was a minty Vz58 with 6 mags for $600 at a now out of business gun store. I think about not buying these guns regularly and lie to myself that I wont pass up good deals like that again.

What are some guns you regret not buying or wanted to buy but missed them by just a bubblegums hair

I missed out on an All Weather bull barrel Ruger in 22-250 years back for a little under $300. I really wish I had bought it but didn't have the funds to spare until the next payday, it was gone by then. I think it was worth around $650 at the time, probably would shoot circles around my TC Compass that I have now.

Closest thing for me was a HK USP 9MM for about $600. Not the steal of a century, I just didn't realize the USP wasn't nearly as common as I thought and never seen another on the shelf for less than $1k. Seen a blue million P30s/VP9s and P2000s though...

Great Western Arms , Colt Single Action Army copy in .357
Neat revolver , great condition...nice stag grips.
Small stamping on the underside of the barrel read :
"Property of MGM Studios"

Saw it a number of years ago at a gun show...I had the money for it...but it was on the first table by the door.
I did a turn around the show...went back to get it...and Gone with the Wind...
Andy

Saw it a number of years ago at a gun show...I had the money for you...but it was on the first table by the door.
Andy
Fug man

Back when Big 5 had milsurps by the barrel, like 20-odd years ago.
That was beyond my time, best I got to see was mosins for $99 when I was 12 or so. But I have an uncle who has been hoarding guns for years and likes to brag about how he got a para type 56 for like $75 from a barrel at a gun store

Had a 95%+ DWM 1900 American Eagle Luger slip through my fingers back in the early 1970's. One of my dad's friends was selling it. Wanted $750 for it. I told him I'd think about it. Called him the next day and he had sold it that morning. Dammit...

For me it was a Browning A-Bolt Greywolf in .25-06 back in the nineties. I had just purchased a Remington 700 Classic in that caliber about a month before (which I love) and couldn't justify buying another. I tested the trigger and it was pure gold, so I almost bought it anyway. They had two of them, so I talked my dad into going back with me the next day (knowing he loved that caliber as well). When we got there, the Browning wasn't on the shelf, but the guy behind the counter went in back and got the other one. The trigger on that one absolutely sucked. So, we left without it. :(

Oh, and a Colt Anaconda that was reasonably priced but I didn't want to deal with the annoying seller.

For me it was a Browning A-Bolt Greywolf in .25-06 back in the nineties. I had just purchased a Remington 700 Classic in that caliber about a month before (which I love) and couldn't justify buying another. I tested the trigger and it was pure gold, so I almost bought it anyway. They had two of them, so I talked my dad into going back with me the next day (knowing he loved that caliber as well). When we got there, the Browning wasn't on the shelf, but the guy behind the counter went in back and got the other one. The trigger on that one absolutely sucked. So, we left without it. :(

Oh, and a Colt Anaconda that was reasonably priced but I didn't want to deal with the annoying seller.
Oof how bad does a seller need to be to lose a easy sale?

Oof how bad does a seller need to be to lose a easy sale?
Private sale. Good friend of mine's brother-in-law was selling his deceased father's collection. Just didn't care for the guy - unfriendly, arrogant. Ironically, someone I knew bought it, and he told me the brother-in-law farmed the transaction process out to my friend's brother so he wouldn't have to deal with it. Since the brother was also a friend of mine, I wouldn't have had any problem dealing with him. Oh well. I've got a S&W 629 Classic to ease the pain. :D

I missed out on picking up one of the last Mossberg 590A1 Class 3 14" shotguns. I thought about and then it was OOS and there were none else to had anywhere. Still kick myself.

UPDATE-- Mossberg says they do still produce this shotgun.

Last Edited:
Private sale. Good friend of mine's brother-in-law was selling his deceased father's collection. Just didn't care for the guy - unfriendly, arrogant. Ironically, someone I knew bought it, and he told me the brother-in-law farmed the transaction process out to my friend's brother so he wouldn't have to deal with it. Since the brother was also a friend of mine, I wouldn't have had any problem dealing with him. Oh well. I've got a S&W 629 Classic to ease the pain. :D
Damn lol. I once had an old associate offer me a decent load of older revolvers don't remember models but declined because they were lets just say of questionable legality. Dude is in prison now

Saw it a number of years ago at a gun show...I had the money for it...but it was on the first table by the door.
Andy
I'm lucky if I can find the table it was on when I went back to buy something!

Not so much a firearm but my biggest failure to buy was a 1962 fender jaguar that my buddy had he sold it for about $1000 in 2004-5ish. I had the cash but was worried he'd hold it against me and try to get it back, he was a bit psycho and bipolar.

That guitar would fetch upwards of 10 grand or more nowadays

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads