JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anybody tried reloading a 22LR case with a FMJ projectile to mimick the M24 round?

1658423917712.png

Not yet but I'm planning on trying to load 55gr fmj and do something similar to that with other weights.
I would be interested in how you create a heel step in the bullet? I think you could modify 17 Hornet Lee Factory Crimp dies to use for creating the heel step and to crimp the case after the bullet is loaded.

Another idea for boat tail bullets would be to fill a fired 22lr case with epoxy, jb weld, etc, up to the level where you want your bullet base to sit in the case. Then stuff a fmj bullet in the case and push it through a 22lr revolver cylinder. After it comes out the other side of the cylinder the bullet could be pulled and loaded in a fresh case.

I have a bunch of lightweight projectiles I picked up in a lot of 224 bullets I bought. It would might be a fun project to try and load a few of them in 22lr loads.

Some heavier grain projectiles might make for an interesting very low velocity round. If you could get them to chamber in a CMMG 22lr conversion kit with standard AR barrel, they might stabilize.

I'm thinking the 35-50 weights for .224 should work fine on length. Still working on figuring out the seating and powder charge. Thought I'm planning to try upto the 77gr as well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top