JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a large quantity of Lake City 308 and damn did I have to lube the hell out of them to get them sized. I've done thousands of 556 but wow they don't compare to those 7.62 shells.

So I bought a large quantity of Lake City 308 and damn did I have to lube the hell out of them to get them sized. I've done thousands of 556 but wow they don't compare to those 7.62 shells.
Probably were fired in an M-60 machine gun, known for generous sized chambers and extreme heat and pressure due to high rate of fire.

Once they are initially sized, I suspect they will be far easier to resize. As mentioned, big chambers. As well, LC brass is thicker than commercial, and there is a lot more of it being sized than 5.56

Chances are they are badly work hardened. Make sure bullets seat consistently as the cases may need to be annealed.

I was in your exact situation and it caused me fits until I figured out they needed to be annealed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top