JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry, I seem to have posted this earlier in the incorrect area. On Sunday evening, April 4th, American Gun Culture Report, the region's only independent gun politics magazine, is sponsoring an evening get together with shooting groups active in Portland.

Participating organizations include the Portland Pink Pistols, local chapter of the national gay gun club, Reed College's gun club, the Reed Shooting Sports Kollectiv (RSSK), and the Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) whose founder Kevin Starrett will be appearing. There is no admission, but donations for the Oregon Firearms Federation's Legal Defense Fund are encouraged.

The Plan B Bar in SE Portland is our hosting venue and this event kicks off at 7pm. Each group will present on their activities as well as offering tabling and information sharing. Later in the evening, we will turn this gathering into a dance party with DJ No. 6 playing a setlist of gun themed music.*

So, mark your calendar and get ready to tip back a few beers and dance to Tom Waits, Johnny Cash and The Clash with the rest of Portland's shooting community.*

Plan B is located at 1305 SE
8th Portland OR 97214

Ross Eliot, editor
American Gun Culture Report LLC

For more information see*www.AmericanGunCultureReport.com

In addition, I'm hoping for a good show of NWFA folks as well as ILWU Local 5 workers who recently hosted shooting classes for their membership.
See you tomorrow,
R.E.

Thanks again for organizing this Ross! I attended tonight and enjoyed meeting folks, listening to the speakers and handing some cash over to support such worthwhile projects. It was great to meet Ross, Kevin and the folks staffing the tables of their respective projects. I'd hoped Joey or someone representing NWFA would have been participating and had brought cash to donate to the site...

Anyway, I would love to see more gatherings like this for "non-traditional" supporters of armed self-defense and all of our rights so hopefully this will be one just such event among many!

Really liked the OFF guy, feel good about handing $$$ over to support his organization. Nice, solid guy. Don't even know what his politics are beyond being pro 2nd amendment :s0155:

What really stood out was when you (agcr) were talking about taking your magazine to a feminist bookstore and being well received, vs. taking it to a local gun store and having them be weird about it.

Folks, it was good!

Question, were there pink pistol people supposed to speaking? I assume there were some among the crowd, but I was not feeling very social.

Thanks all for coming out.
Plan B would like to have some kind of regular event but that's a bit too much stress for me at the moment. I'll organize something when the next issue comes out. The OFF table did really well, they were pretty psyched about things. I'm glad Kevin Starrett was willing to hang out with an unfamiliar crowd. My favorite part was when a punk kid with a huge hammer and sickle patch wanted me to arrange an introduction with Kevin so they could discuss CHL regulations. He may not get that a lot in his usual circles.
The Pink Pistols were going to have a table but the fellow who was set had problems at the last minute and couldn't make it. 5 of them showed up, but the club has unfortunately been pretty disorganized since the longtime president lost his job, house- and then had to move out of state last year. My friend Beth is hoping to take over a leadership role with them and get things more structured again.
Again, thanks, I had a lot of fun.
Ross Eliot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews