JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was a great catch by a very smart student and is proof of the lies and trickery that the gun banners are constantly trying to pull off, even on young children. Kudos to him and his father for bringing it to light and pushing for it to be corrected. It is a constant battle to preserve our rights and every win is important!.

That was a great catch by a very smart student and is proof of the lies and trickery that the gun banners are constantly trying to pull off, even on young children. Kudos to him and his father for bringing it to light and pushing for it to be corrected. It is a constant battle to preserve our rights and every win is important!.
That is what they do! It is a form of re-education/programming. many other issues also. morality, spiritual belief's and the constitution are most often targeted. the same people say our children belong to the state and don't have to listen to their parents. the hitler youth program was a form of it. all designed to "Twist" things as we know it creating "Bizarro World" anyway getting back to the original topic it's a long way from the marksmanship programs once offered by public schools and 4h programs etc.

Last Edited:
I figured I would bump this. How do you think the anti's would get their way?
Through Are Youth! I am really surprised no one else has not chimed in on this! A lot to say on petty issues. However, this is one that will prove very valuable to us all one day! this is the whole reason why we want to preserve are freedoms in the first place. I commend this "Young Informed American" and his folks for standing up and saying no this is not the correct interpretation/are not giving in to "Bizarro World" Thinking.

Last Edited:
Good for him for speaking up!

I would have been more angry than a wet hen had my child come home with that "progressive" rhetoric.

I hope the school gets so many phone calls and emails they have to unplug everything just to escape the truth.

Well, this is like 3rd time it popped up here...
The question is what is the objective of that chapter in the book. Is it to educate the students about what's in the text, what the text could mean, or how this text is operational today ? I know a lot of folks here have a pretty absolute view on the Second Amendment, but let's look at it in the current state of things.

First of all, let's note that "This amendment states that people have a right to very narrow and specific blah and blah" is a poor choice of words. Amendment definitely doesn't state any of that. Given the text that follows, I would rephrase it as "Amendment is understood" or "Amendment is interpreted" or whatever other term to signify that it is not used how it is written. Otherwise, one must cite the text precisely as it's written and refrain from detailed analysis altogether. Poor style of writing, perhaps ? But I'm sure somebody will see a conspiracy.

Let's break it down.

people have the right.
The text states that, plus Supreme Court decisions reiterated that, even clarified the individuality of it.

certain weapons
Supreme Court specifically outlined narrow protections for handguns, as well as boiler plates for firearms that are not dangerous and unusual and are in common use, specifically saying that machineguns and short-barreled shotguns are not protected. There is also no clarification on non-firearms.

providing that they register them
This is from Illinois, right ? They have a registration system in place, and it has not been ruled unconstitutional by any court, right ?

they have not been in prison
Supreme Court stated that long standing prohibitions on ownership by mentally ill and convicted criminals are okay.

Bottom line, with a bit of a correction for style the text fairly accurately describes the present constitutional reality around the amendment, assuming that is what they intended.

I Would Like To Know If/How This Was Actually Approved Curriculum. If It Was The Committee And Or School board Should Have done the Home Work. They Should Have Done The Corrections etc. Before It Was Taught! And I Hope They Got The Message That Even A Child Can See Through Them And Their Ways. And That Is The Bottom Line!

The left if taking Orwell's 1984 and using it as a guide on how to change society. That is not how he intended it to be. It was a warning that these things would happen. We just have to keep our eyes open and expose these things when they happen.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top