JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being that this is one of the biggest camping weekends of the year I brought out a couple (Made in the USA) one owner, Coleman relics that I'm getting ready to potentially place in somebody else's collection as a set only. I'm known to take things down to the nuts, bolts, and fittings to make things operational. So, I'm wondering if I should order a couple rubber seals and install a fresh set of mantles. Or just sell it as is with the sealed NOS bag of mantles. The box is literally crumbling beyond stabilizing. I also have a Camp Stove gasoline model # 425B of this vintage in the same shape or better that I'm going sell with the lantern. Part of me says sell the items as is or get them running properly and safely. These were my grandfathers. He was the original owner and they saw one camping trip before my time, possibly twice. I have seen it in the background of a few pictures with my mom and aunt present when they for 5ish. That would date these to 1959 and older. I'm guessing they were purchased in Pasadena, California in the mid-50s. I've had these stored away unused since I was a kid. Battery headlamps and flashlights were a lot easier to pack around. Feel free to weigh in or DM me with your expertise on values. I'll get the stove photos up here on my post shortly.

IMG_4007.jpeg IMG_4010.jpeg IMG_4014.jpeg IMG_4019.jpeg IMG_4020.jpeg IMG_4021.jpeg IMG_4022.jpeg

I have the brown one, not sure what year vintage.
I think selling without fixing the seals would be acceptable for such an item, as the felt and o-rings can be purchased.
Mantles are mantles in my experience.

Fire 'em up and see if they work! No sense fixing what ain't broken. Achilles heel on these durable pieces of equipment is the pump plunger gasket. (Remove the plunger and put some vegetable oil or silicone spray on the plunger's piston gasket, check for cracks in the rubber).
Most usually, anyone familiar with these will know what to do to get them running if they aren't.
Grandpa took care of his stuff. I bet they work perfectly. :cool:

Fire 'em up and see if they work! No sense fixing what ain't broken. Achilles heel on these durable pieces of equipment is the pump plunger gasket. (Remove the plunger and put some vegetable oil or silicone spray on the plunger's piston gasket, check for cracks in the rubber).
Most usually, anyone familiar with these will know what to do to get them running if they aren't.
Grandpa took care of his stuff. I bet they work perfectly. :cool:
I do get some good resistance on the plunger.

Love it!

One of my 'occasional' side hobbies is finding old Coleman lanterns, stoves etc and cleaning and repairing them to working condition, then giving, trading them away to someone who will use and appreciate it!

A few things on my bench recently.

IMG_20231224_200522935.jpg

a little late for the upcoming holiday but those are some nice pieces of Coleman history. I remember very similar items in our camp when I was a kid. [1954 vintage]

I've been late for a few years getting these out in the day light and finding them a new home. My wife and I are purging and down sizing as we have decided to move to a gun friendlier state and dryer climate outside of Oregon in the next year and a half to two years. As of now four gun safes are going, along with clothing, basic hosehold items, and audio/visual electronics.

LOL.....so far, I've only used "white gas/Colman fuel" in my dual fuel stove and dual fuel lanterns. I'm AFRAID of any potential of "gumming" it up. Just in case.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top