JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, noticed that the tacticool crowd always speaks in NATO Euro-peon jargon. Maybe its to sound more military or maybe they hate America, who knows. If you arent shooting something measured in millimeters with minimal recoil, you're just NOT tacticool. Here is how to make your boring hunting guns and ammo sound cool! That, and when you measure in millimeters, everything sounds smaller and less intimidating to satisfy the 9mm and 6.5 Creedmoor guys.

22-250 Remington: 5.56x47
243 Winchester: 6.17x51
25-06 Remington: 6.3x63
260 Remington: 6.5x51
270 Winchester: 6.8x64
30-06: 7.62x63
300 Win Mag: 7.62x67

Yes, because the Europeans are so good at war these days. Who had to intervene in a small skirmish in their back yard not so long ago? :s0092:. I've trained with some NATO allies; I wouldn't be so quick to adopt their methodology but meh, the countries that like to pretend we don't live in a hobbesian world order always know best. That is, until someone annexes Crimea, and attackes Ukraine. Then it's no longer a game of Risk, and 'Someone' (The U.S.) should do something. they're happy to sit back and tell us what we should have done afterwards.

Edit: oops, my annoyance with our 'allies' is showing. Except for the Canadian military, those guys are surprisingly bad azz

Last Edited:
I thought 270 (like 25-06) was a necked down 30-06... it's a mm longer?

FC0E549D-65A6-47E1-8076-F932A1BC603F.jpeg

That cartridge is as close to a trans-cartridge as you can get. Wants to be a deer cartridge, twisted too slow. Wants to be a varmint cartridge, kicks just hard enough to lose your target during recoil.

When the name was changed to 6mm from the .244 they changed the twist rate for heavier bullets. Mine has a fixed 4x Leupold and shoots 100 grain very well. It's beeen a Deer slayer for my father and his. Now mine. A very flat shooter. It's for deer and coyote not sagerats. Your talking about the one from before 1963.

When the name was changed to 6mm from the .244 they changed the twist rate for heavier bullets. Mine has a fixed 4x Leupold and shoots 100 grain very well. It's beeen a Deer slayer for my father and his. Now mine. A very flat shooter. It's for deer and coyote not sagerats. Your talking about the one from before 1963.

Yeah, Remington can be weird. 280, 7mm Express, 280 again...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top