JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Plastic or Metal Mag holders

• Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plastic

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Hi all,

I'm a relative noob USPSA shooter and ready to move on from the mag holders that came with my XDm. Since I bought a Double Alpha belt, I'm thinking of going with their holders. They offer plastic or aluminum. I shoot production so I've been running four holders. The aluminum are $60 ea. and they offer the plastics for $130 a four-pack of the plastics. The Cheap Charlie in me wants to go with plastic but I'm wondering if this is a "cry once" moment. Any input appreciated.

I've enclosed a poll if you just want to register a preference.

Thanks,

Last Edited:
I'm a C class shooter in several Divisions, so take my advice for what it's worth. I have been using the same "plastic" (kydex) mag holders for the past 7 years without any problems. They were made by a guy that no longer makes them, and at the time I paid $12@ for them. I gave one to my brother and he looked it over and then made some for himself. Anyway, my belief is, IF I were a top shooter then some of the gear might make a difference. IF that ever happens, then I will look into the more expensive stuff.

20160318_172320.jpg 20160318_172331.jpg 20160318_172352.jpg 20160318_172343.jpg 20160318_172458.jpg

I'm a C class shooter in several Divisions, so take my advice for what it's worth. I have been using the same "plastic" (kydex) mag holders for the past 7 years without any problems. They were made by a guy that no longer makes them, and at the time I paid $12@ for them. I gave one to my brother and he looked it over and then made some for himself. Anyway, my belief is, IF I were a top shooter then some of the gear might make a difference. IF that ever happens, then I will look into the more expensive stuff.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I decided on the plastic ones and they arrived last week. My reasoning was as new production shooter who only competes once a month, there wasn't a need for the "professional grade" gear. Maybe a treat when I classify A (since I just made D, that will be a while). Can't wait to test them out at Saturday's match.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top