JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Plastic or Metal Mag holders

• Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plastic

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Hi all,

I'm a relative noob USPSA shooter and ready to move on from the mag holders that came with my XDm. Since I bought a Double Alpha belt, I'm thinking of going with their holders. They offer plastic or aluminum. I shoot production so I've been running four holders. The aluminum are $60 ea. and they offer the plastics for $130 a four-pack of the plastics. The Cheap Charlie in me wants to go with plastic but I'm wondering if this is a "cry once" moment. Any input appreciated.

I've enclosed a poll if you just want to register a preference.

Thanks,

Last Edited:
I'm a C class shooter in several Divisions, so take my advice for what it's worth. I have been using the same "plastic" (kydex) mag holders for the past 7 years without any problems. They were made by a guy that no longer makes them, and at the time I paid $12@ for them. I gave one to my brother and he looked it over and then made some for himself. Anyway, my belief is, IF I were a top shooter then some of the gear might make a difference. IF that ever happens, then I will look into the more expensive stuff.

20160318_172320.jpg 20160318_172331.jpg 20160318_172352.jpg 20160318_172343.jpg 20160318_172458.jpg

I'm a C class shooter in several Divisions, so take my advice for what it's worth. I have been using the same "plastic" (kydex) mag holders for the past 7 years without any problems. They were made by a guy that no longer makes them, and at the time I paid $12@ for them. I gave one to my brother and he looked it over and then made some for himself. Anyway, my belief is, IF I were a top shooter then some of the gear might make a difference. IF that ever happens, then I will look into the more expensive stuff.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I decided on the plastic ones and they arrived last week. My reasoning was as new production shooter who only competes once a month, there wasn't a need for the "professional grade" gear. Maybe a treat when I classify A (since I just made D, that will be a while). Can't wait to test them out at Saturday's match.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top