JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Local Costco (Tigard) has 50 cal metal ammo can with 30 cal can inside for about $20. Picked a set up a while back when they had them, so issue with them, so I got another set.

View attachment 717492

View attachment 717491
Thanks again for posting this deal. These boxes look really nice, the rubber seal looks great, I grabbed two sets today and might pick up a couple more before the $13.99 sale is over.

So, comparing these to mil-surplus, they seem as good. The bottom seam seems different - the rest of the welds (mostly spot?) and design seems very similar to mil-surp. Metal seems as thick (I did not measure it).

Gaskets seem good. I have not tested them in water, but then neither have I done that with mil-surp or any other ammo container.

The paint is kind of a dull matte black, but not as matte as mil-surp - don't know how rust resistant it is, but I have mil-surp that has rusted since I bought it. If you want real rust resistance on any metal ammo can, I suggest different paint, some have used bedliner.

IMO, these are worth the $14 sale price. I will probably get more.

So far they seem to be working okay.

I loaded some ammo boxes into them this evening. Going to need some more; probably make a run to the two Hillsboro Costcos and then the Tigard Costco - there being a 5 item limit.

I strongly prefer the metal to the plastic, although I have more of the latter than the former. I just think the metal has a better seal and is more durable. That said, plastic doesn't rust. In the future I won't be getting more plastic - at best the .30 cal plastic are probably better than any of the other plastic sizes (none of which are standard compared to the metal - always slightly different dimensions) and MTM are much better than Plano or the rebranded Cabelas.

In the future the plastic containers will be used for lightweight items - not heavy ammo.

I have 20mm, 40mm and 120mm ammo cans, but those are too large to carry heavy items in - especially if it just one person trying to heft them into the back of a truck. The .50 cal can full of ammo (especially densely packed ammo like rimfire or 5.7x28), is marginal.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews