JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
IMHO these are better than the Bi-Mart ones.
Yeah.... not too shabby! The last bunch I picked up last year were from the cabela's $10/ea deal and these are pretty on par. They have the heavy block style gasket.

As far as the made in china cans go, anyway... good deal!

Yeah.... not too shabby! The last bunch I picked up last year were from the cabela's $10/ea deal and these are pretty on par. They have the heavy block style gasket.

As far as the made in china cans go, anyway... good deal!
I haven't compared the gaskets, but externally the BiMart cans look the same as the GI cans

To each their own. Personally I rarely go to HF anymore - most of their stuff is crap and they often don't have what I need (e.g., a decent rake). BiMart often has much smaller portions of things when they are on sale, so I rarely go there too.

Thanks for posting! Only $7 shipping for 7 cans
The $6.99 flat rate shipping is a deal. I ordered 5 of these cans and an Apache 9800 case which is large and heavy for the same $6.99 flat rate. The Apache 9800 cases are a great deal right now for $100.

Thanks for posting! Only $7 shipping for 7 cans
I don't know if shipping is charged relative to distance to a physical store or not, but "shipping" seems more like a delivery fee. $6.99 for most anything and any quantity.

I just double checked on their website and plugged in 50 cans. Shipping = $6.99. 😁

I haven't compared the gaskets, but externally the BiMart cans look the same as the GI cans

To each their own. Personally I rarely go to HF anymore - most of their stuff is crap and they often don't have what I need (e.g., a decent rake). BiMart often has much smaller portions of things when they are on sale, so I rarely go there too.
There's nothing wrong with the BiMart cans. If they had single 50's on sale vs. the multi-size sets I woulda bought those a few days ago instead and been perfectly happy. There's very little difference between "gooder" and "gooderer". 😁

There's nothing wrong with the BiMart cans. If they had single 50's on sale vs. the multi-size sets I woulda bought those a few days ago instead and been perfectly happy. There's very little difference between "gooder" and "gooderer". 😁
Yeah - if they had the Fat 50s (actually GI cans are marked for 5.56x45 IIRC) with a regular .50 can inside, for $20, I probably would have preferred those. That said, I can and do use the .30 cans for the heavier ammo.

The Fat 50s are about the limit for the weight that I can carry without quickly wearing out my back, and that for a relatively short distance (say, from the shop to the house). Getting old sucks. Getting old with a screwed up back sucks donkey dongs.

I went ahead and purchased two of the 3-packs. I really just wanted the Fat 50's. I've got so many 30's and reg. 50's, I'm going to run out of room storing them one day!

Thanks for the heads up. Went to HF today and picked six 50 cal ammo cans today, pretty happy they seem like good quality and gaskets look good enough to do their job.

.....they seem like good quality and gaskets look good enough to do their job.
Most of these china knock-offs are more than suitable for most users. I mean... they aren't usually as thick of steel, thinner protective paints that lack a base undercoat and lesser quality steel wire on the handles and such, but for your typical user... that really doesn't factor.

The seal is the key component. The main difference there is the quality of rubber. The china knock-offs use a lesser quality rubber that acts kind of like road tire rubber. They can "dry rot", crack, shrink and fail over time. They typically aren't out in hard conditions and being UV dried and damaged like tires though.

Like tires... they can be treated and maintained occasionally to greatly prolong their life and performance. On a new batch I'll typically wipe on protectant, let em dry, and give them a light powder dusting to prevent any paint/rubber stickage under prolonged compression.

YMMV, but it's quick, simple, dirt cheap preventative care that will help minimize any surprises down the road. So the theory goes..... :D

Most of these china knock-offs are more than suitable for most users. I mean... they aren't usually as thick of steel, thinner protective paints that lack a base undercoat and lesser quality steel wire on the handles and such, but for your typical user... that really doesn't factor.

The seal is the key component. The main difference there is the quality of rubber. The china knock-offs use a lesser quality rubber that acts kind of like road tire rubber. They can "dry rot", crack, shrink and fail over time. They typically aren't out in hard conditions and being UV dried and damaged like tires though.

Like tires... they can be treated and maintained occasionally to greatly prolong their life and performance. On a new batch I'll typically wipe on protectant, let em dry, and give them a light powder dusting to prevent any paint/rubber stickage under prolonged compression.

YMMV, but it's quick, simple, dirt cheap preventative care that will help minimize any surprises down the road. So the theory goes..... :D
I hear you, when I got home I compared it against some military ammo cans and they seen weight wise about the same, and the rubber seal is thick enough for me to think ot will seal. In the end my ammo is stored in a favorable climate to know the cans will further do their job. Never thought about treating the seals but its not a bad idea.

I hear you, when I got home I compared it against some military ammo cans and they seen weight wise about the same, and the rubber seal is thick enough for me to think ot will seal. In the end my ammo is stored in a favorable climate to know the cans will further do their job. Never thought about treating the seals but its not a bad idea.
I'm not too picky... considering they aren't going to be sitting outside submerged from time to time in humid salt air type conditions for 30 years... as the mil-spec are designed to endure. ;)

The knock-offs you have to watch out for are the ones that use round rope style gaskets. Some will overlap, but some don't even reach all the way around the lid and some are hollow tube. None of em are worth a crap... other than just being a stackable rigid box.

The weight thing... some of the knock-offs do use thicker steel so the weights can be comparable it's just the type and quality of steel is typically inferior to mil-spec. Less rigid, weaker and less corrosion resistant, but in a typical home storage situation... hardly makes any difference.

You don't require a BMW to get to work when a Toyota will do, right.🤣

10bucks a pop is 10bucks a pop!
1701067970366.png

Last Edited:
Well... that's one way to tell if the gaskets and welds are any good or not.

The ones in the store on the shelf I opened for inspection without any issue, but cracking all the boxed cases open today.... every single one of them buggers was hard core vapor locked!! 🤣

All that nice warm Vietnam air trapped inside... at OR "winter is on the way" garage temps we've been having lately.... LP torch time!:s0155:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top