JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting to also note, the man in the photo on the link is black. Kinda puts down the belief some may have that everyone in the black community supports Obama.....What do we think here guys?

My thoughts exactly! This isnt a political thing here, like "oh I think its cool that people brought guns to Obamas speech because I dont like him." Not at all. (Although I really dont care for him......but I guess thats something for NWConservatives!)

T_H got what I thought was cool about this. Excersizing rights, in the face of adversity. Those guys must have big brass bubblegums dangling down there, to do that right in front of the Law Enforcement and Secret Service! Even being legal, it still takes alot of gumption to do that!

Those guys must have big brass bubblegums dangling down there, to do that right in front of the Law Enforcement and Secret Service! Even being legal, it still takes alot of gumption to do that!

The 2 men were outside the building. I don't think secret service would let the 2 men get near the president carrying an AR15.

The 2 men were outside the building. I don't think secret service would let the 2 men get near the president carrying an AR15.

You dont think it took alot of guts to be standing outside the building the Pres was speaking in with an assault rifle in hand? While all the black sunglasses and satellites had their eyes on you? Obviously if the men had been within shooting distance of the Pres, they would have taken action, thats not what Im talking about here.

Since Obama's administrative is not doing anything about firearms... more and more stupid people bringing this issue to his plate.... Why are they doing this? Leave this issue alone, dont try to be a stupid hero and make Obama's admin notice this issue. Let it slide.....

Good point Benny, I also heard that he's been getting grief in his recent travels from anti-gun idio---I mean activists. If this gets thrust in his face, would it push him to start listening to them more than he is? Or is he too focused on Health Care Reform right now to care? Good point.

Here is different source reporting on this, much more interesting article.

Gun-rights advocates say they're exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protest, while those who argue for more gun control say it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

See? now everyone will screaming at this issue... a few rotten apple will ruin the whole field. If it still under the radar leave it that way, why bring it up?

On the other hand though, I think its just as important to use those rights while we still have them. The anti-gunners can squak all they want about how that wasnt right, but fact is, its our right. Use it or lose it.

Yup, I am very clear that it's our right. I have no problem with carry open. I values those right. I am having a mix feeling at this point. I just dont want Obama to pay any attention to this issue and yes he have the power to do things that will hurt us all in the future :)

You dont think it took alot of guts to be standing outside the building the Pres was speaking in with an assault rifle in hand? While all the black sunglasses and satellites had their eyes on you? Obviously if the men had been within shooting distance of the Pres, they would have taken action, thats not what Im talking about here.

If it was just a regular citizen carrying his rifle outside the building, then yes...took a lot of guts or he is just too naive of what could have gone down. Maybe he was secret service in plain clothes doing patrol on the outside. From the pic posted, looks like the guy was secret service. He must have taken his black jacket off (too hot maybe) and revealing his collared white shirt(secret service standard issue attire).

If it was just a regular citizen carrying his rifle outside the building, then yes...took a lot of guts or he is just too naive of what could have gone down. Maybe he was secret service in plain clothes doing patrol on the outside. From the pic posted, looks like the guy was secret service. He must have taken his black jacket off (too hot maybe) and revealing his collared white shirt(secret service standard issue attire).

Didnt the article say that the men were protesting, shouting to the croud? Never seen Secret Service do that. I'll go check right now on that and quote what I find....

From CNN article:

CNN's Ed Henry reported that one of the men was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle and shouted anti-Obama slogans.

Doesnt sound like Secret Service to me.......lets check the other article......

From Breitbart article:

The man with the rifle declined to be identified but told The Arizona Republic that he was carrying the assault weapon because he could. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms," he said

Doesnt sound like Secret Service either......

It shouldnt surprise you that those men carrying there were clean cut, well dressed men. Would it seem more real/less fake if they were sporting mullets and plaid shirts with the sleeves ripped off? Not everyone who would exercise their rights in such a way is a hillbilly redneck off the cast of "Deliverance..."

took a lot of guts or he is just too naive of what could have gone down.

Also, your comment here reveals that you may believe that those guys could have gotten in some sort of trouble by doing this. Fact is, this is exactly the attitude the Government wants you to have about your rights. IMO.

Also, your comment here reveals that you may believe that those guys could have gotten in some sort of trouble by doing this. Fact is, this is exactly the attitude the Government wants you to have about your rights. IMO.

I dont think he was talking about getting in legal trouble I think he was talking about what could happen if he was careless with the ss looking on:gun09:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews