JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get the point being that it was at a rally for health care (not 2A rights), and the President was there. SO what? No fear of liberal retribution will stop me from using my rights to their full extent.
Do you carry an AR-15 on your shoulder at the grocery store? At church? At your kid's ballgame? There are times when it is appropriate and times when it is not. I know that there is a perceived threat from "the liberals" with regard to guns and, as a result, a strong desire to react to that threat. However, not everyone for healthcare reform is anti-gun (I, for one, am for single payer-aka socialized medicine and also pro gun). I see the gun as 1. A way to create an issue so that we can have "the great gun debate" OR 2. An attempt to intimidate.
I dont believe there are many people in the US who are "on the fence" so to speak on this issue. Most if not ALL the voices heard in regards to this topic have already made their mind up one way or the other. I can see not doing anything to make opponents take a more agressive stance, but not at the cost of the few rights I have left.

I am going to have to agree with unionguy's take on this one. I think those that are adamantly antigun and those that are totally pro-gun have their mind made up. But, I think a lot of Americans think they have an opinion, but with little or no exposure to firearms, have no real basis for their opinion. A positive gun experience will have a profound impact. And don't forget those gun owners who think, "Hey, it's not like they're trying to take my duck gun. Who needs a _______ anyway?" Those folks fall sway to "common sense" gun control measures quite easily. We need to be respectful and careful in how we address the issue.

Where were all the people so amped up for this gun debate when Bush was President? Tactically, it seems like bringing the issue to the forefront from 2000-2008 would have ensured much more favorable results. I only see a small minority of progressives really talking about guns right now (except for when they show up at healthcare rallies). Most of the gun debate chatter is within the gun community itself and in the right wing echo chamber. Lefties have much more important issues right now.

Aw heck. Anyway you cut it, bringing any kind of rifle to a public gathering not connected with guns - such as a gun show - is just dumb.

As far as most of the folks that responded to the article...it just goes to show, "The masses are asses."

:s0129:

I didn't start this thread for people to insult other peoples stance on the issue. If you don't have anything worth while to contribute, post your garbage somewhere else.

I didn't start this thread for people to insult other peoples stance on the issue. If you don't have anything worth while to contribute, post your garbage somewhere else.

Not the folks here on this forum. The one's that replied to the News article. I agree with most of their comments stating that it was a bad idea to bring a rifle to where the President was speaking.

What I don't agree with is all the comments: "the 2nd ammendment is a bunch of garbage we don't need and all guns should be outlawed."

:winkkiss:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads