JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Memorial Day, is why we all still have our Second Amendment,

I come from a long line of military families, in fact just lost last year my Father in Law due to complications after serving two tours in Vietnam.
When he died I thought about when he and I talked often, and why he didn't talk about the war with anyone he did with me. My wife said I am lucky because I am the only one he ever has. I am not worthy by any means but was blessed to hear his stories. He was Raised in Oklahoma heavy accent and all:). The last part of his life he was a Trucker for 30 years at JB Hunt. Long Haul and Conceal Carried every day.
I asked him one day why he served two tours, he said because those people do not have the rights we do here. And we can not be selfish in our freedom it must be for all. We talked about how we all bicker at politics and parties here and over there people die for having different opinions.
Over there are not any Liberals and Conservatives, Republicans and Democrats all speaking their mind and enjoying freedoms. He said they have two parties, Dead and Alive.
What makes him angry is he came home and people were mad at him for doing his duty for his country. Yet he watched all his life people here disrespect the flag and our own Constitutional Rights, saying some can have it and some cant. He said BS.
When he came home no one wanted him here not Conservatives and not Democrats. There was a 35% approval by American Citizens on the war when he came home. He has told me many times that he fought for his country because freedom had to be secured. But he was often sad that we fought here about stupid things and things we had in common like the 2nd Amendment we could not even work together on. He spoke about many rights, but he was stubborn in his thoughts of the Second Amendment was not for a party, a color, a religion but was for all Americans and if we did not wake up we would lose that right. About six months later he passed after a very long conversation including allot of this.
He didn't blame, Obama, or Democrats or anyone for how badly we are losing our rights to be armed. He said our own ignorance and how easily we are convinced and fooled by all people in power was why we are losing them. If we still have a two party system he said we will lose our rights because the two that exist are killing this country and will take us all down with them.

Lately in this forum I have posted opening Dialog and a sort of unity different thinking gun owners.
I do not like putting my life on the internet but people some questioned why I was doing this.
I am not running for office, or want a job I have no motive other then wanting what my father in law wanted.
There was a man, who fought and died defending the rights of all people and he knew our loyalty to political parties would end all our rights. People have grown with ignorance thinking a political loyalty equals patriotism. People have said if you do not support the NRA and others you are a an Anti-Gun Liberal all playing to our fears.
He knew that both sides want us at war, he had seen war first hand and watched the government rule the people.

Thank You all who served for we have a chance at saving our country because of you.
And may God bless all who paid the highest of price for our freedom.
Memorial day should remind us that Freedom to have our 2nd Amendment intact is because people fought and some died protecting those rights. Take a moment and realize that rights are for all men and women in this country. As it was one said, United we stand, divided we fall.
( wow just realized in short thats the way he thought )

Thanks Danny for the great talks.:s0042:

DH Out !

Great post as with most of us on here I my self never had to go to WAR but to those that have they all have kinda the same story they didn't want to but they did what was asked of them MUCH RESPECT TO DANNY AND ALL OTHER 'S

Very well put! I respect your father in law just from what you wrote about him. You and your wife are in my prayers. It is so hard to loose someone in your life that carries that much weight. You will forever miss those conversations my friend but remember he will always be a patriot and always be with you and your family.

God Bless him and all other's that have fought for those rights and the families that have supported them.

Excellent post Dunehopper ... Thank you for sharing.
It can be difficult to put into words just how one feels about combat and what happens to those who go to or experience war.
Finding someone who can listen and not judge is a rare gift ... I am glad your Father in Law found you.
Andy

Like Andy said sometimes all you have to do is listen and not ask questions and if you have a friend or family member that wants to talk to you and maybe only you all you can do is listen and not judge ..... that's all I can say thanks for sharing a part of your life and your family

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top