JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard a bit more info aout this. I guess the road is only open on weekends and is closed during the week for repairs which is why some people have made it up and others hit road blocks.

Nope. Open today. they are working on it still, about 20 crew up there, but the road is open. Had one of the contract sups come over to the pit and ask we shoot to the right into the pit, as his crew is over the ridge, on the other side, and were freaking out LOL, I guess they could hear the noise. He was very nice, and we told him we would do what he asked. Good day.

does anyone know for sure if it will be open Sunday? I have friends coming in to town and i haven't shot my saiga 12 in months :( . Does any one know of some place around there?? Please help!

The wife and I were up on the 25th, 26th, can't remember exactly. Fully open. It also appeared that it had been cleaned up nicely.
There was a noob out there parked almost in the middle of the range :confused:, so we waited until he left before we started, but other than that, it was great.
We got up there pretty late though, left as it was getting dark.

We were up there twice two weeks apart in the last six weeks, it was open both times. Both times there was evidence that they had moved the rocks blocking entrance to the pit with a blade, to go in and get rock I presume. The first time it was a bear to get through the rocks to set/change targets and easy the second time. As we looked around it just looked like they scraped all the shot shells and bullet casings around, and part way up the hillside. There still there, they're just half burried most of them, I think. If go over to the left side and look just over the rocks there's several hundred shot shells and assorted brass/steel that are old. I believe they actually raised the level of the area a foot or three over on the left side

Damned PIGS. why can't the shooters pick up their BRIGHTLY COLORED shot shells! We always pick up our 9,.45 &.38, and others if it's there and in good shape. I save it, may want to try reloading one day, or sell it. Then, someone could afford to buy a couple hundred .223, and the gas to get there, and stand in mainly one spot and fire it all.....And be too lazy to bend over and pick it up? I swear it looked like they dumped it from a box from their hip! Yeah it was steel so it'll rust huh? PIG! And the guy that just left 30 or so new shiny, larger deer/elk caliber, someone as irrisposible as THIS is going to be running around in our forests with a loaded weapon? I'll bet his deer camp looks like a dump when he and his friends take camp down.

So, someone I guess had cleaned up the computer monitors, small appliances, propane tanks etc. that show up in these places, if they were there, we hadn't been there since June.

I'm new to this site and love it, but I am shocked that we discuss on an open forum our honey holes, for shooting. I've spent my internet career up until now on fishing sites, big no-no to direct more people to your "Honey Hole"

Got off on a rant there....
Sorry

Mike

EDIT,EDIT,EDIT....What a maroon! This post was about BROWS CAMP...What an idiot.

Well, the same goes for Memaloose too!

I have started taking a tarp with me to lay out to catch all my brass, or the majority of it. Why waste the brass and miss the opportunity to reload or sell it. Also it help keep the place orderly. Just a suggestion.

I also always bring back the targets, paper or cans in a plastic bag. Only takes a few minutes to clean up your mess and help keep the place open for others.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews