Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Memaloose closed

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by RoJac, Sep 19, 2011.

1. RoJac

RoJac Earth Member

Drove up to memaloose this morning. Sign said Road CLOSED. Abit further up Large cement blocks across road. Wonder if the problem was the road. Or all the trash and vandalism. Remember what you do or don't do effects others.
    THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!:angry::angry:

2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

:huh: Thats horrible news. I was planning on a trip up there soon.......:(

Was this from the Estacada side????

3. RoJac

RoJac Earth Member

Estacada side

4. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

How far up?

5. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

That really sucks... I was going to head up there with my pops this weekend.

6. PrDubi

PrDubi Deep in the heart of Dirty South Salem Active Member

I actually gave to the ranger station the license plate for some people that were dumping and shooting.....nADA>

PaulZ and (deleted member) like this.
  7. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I was up there about 2 weeks ago and the large range was pretty bad, but not the worst I've seen. The smaller ranges were ok, cleaner. I did notice 2 spots where the road was slumping a bit. With the rains that showed up I wonder if it was closed to take care of that?

8. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

still closed today

9. RoJac

RoJac Earth Member

Road problem. Thats what i was thinken. Wonder if they will repair it befor the weather gets to bad (snow) to get to the pit. Probably the no money excuse !

10. Beefcake

Beefcake Portland Active Member

I was up there last week and it was open. I headed up there the day before yesterday and it was closed (just past the bridge from Estacada side). There was a truck parked next to the barricade that said something about wildlife control & live trapping (private company, not an ODFW rig), which got me thinking... I saw a Wolverine up there last week, and they are considered threatened if I recall correctly (I haven't researched; my memory is that the american wolverine is a threatened species but the california wolverine isn't?). Anyway, this is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if the road closure has to do with the wolverine sighting. Either way, it was a pain trying to find another safe place to shoot in the area, and hunting season is coming up quickly. I hope it re-opens soon so that people aren't out sighting in their guns on opening day in my hunting areas!

By the way, I think Estacada Gun Club is having their public sight-in days again right now (Usually $5 per gun, nice facility in Eagle Creek).

11. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Went up there today... On the way up 224 from Estacada there were three work trucks (F-450's with utility boxes) coming down 224, one towing a small excavator. At the road block there were recent wet excavator-like tracks going around the concrete blocks. Hopefully they're fixing whatever the problem is.

We went to Memaloose after finding the Molalla gravel pit also closed. Very frustrating... Should have checked NWFA first I guess.

Greg

12. OR4X4

OR4X4 Hour south of portland Member

Why don't you go up indian henry or hillock instead? atleast while its closed.

13. odin9

odin9 portland Member

any suggestions on where else i can go???? till this road is fixed

14. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Didn't know about Indian Henry or Hillockburn. Tell me more!

Greg

15. Beefcake

Beefcake Portland Active Member

I drove past there on Tuesday, and I didn't see the "road closed" signs. I think it's back open.

16. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Any NEW news on Memaloose??

17. fastliferider

fastliferider Gresham New Member

Any new news on Memaloose Rd?

18. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I third it! Is it open?

19. df662

df662 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Im driving out there in about an hour. Will post an update later. This is my first shooting trip since i moved to OR about week and a half ago. Hopefully it is open :)

20. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks man, a condition report would be awesome.