JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was younger I smoked pot and I had a medical marijuana card and that did not deny me for my Washington cpl. I also had a marijuana possession charge and that did not give me any issues in Washington. But that's because Washington State is issuing the permit. If for some reason you ever were to be in a federal court situation for using your forearm I'm sure that would be held against you.

In OREGON however, my marijuana possession charge gave me some issues when applying for my Oregon CHL. I answered NO to the 'unlawful user of marijuana' question and during the 30 day investigation process I got a call from a nice lady at the Multnomah county sheriffs office saying that my application was denied and I needed to resubmit and not initial by the unlawful user question. She stated that you're allowed to have TWO marijuana related charges on your background check. If you have more than two, it is an automatic denial for a CHL in Oregon. So I am lucky that I only had one. Once I re-applied she pushed my application to the front of the line and 4 days later my permit was in the mail

Are we required by law to incriminate ourselves?
Nothing requires us to request a CHL either. So they can ask if we are a felon, live in the state, etc. Even with constitutional carry states there are limitations. The 5th amendment applies to criminal cases:

"...nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself..."

Respectfully,

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads