JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anti-Gunner's 'MeatEater' Purchase Poses Problems For Hunt-Focused Biz

MeatEater, a popular hunter-focused entertainment company started by outdoorsman and writer Steven Rinella, was purchased by a rabidly anti-gun Democrat financier late last year in a move that has raised alarms among hunters and gun-rights activists. The Chernin Group, a California-based investment fund run by wealthy Democratic activist and Hollywood producer Peter Chernin, purchased a controlling stake in Rinella's MeatEater in 2018.

The left-wing, anti-gun political activism of MeatEater's largest investor, as well as political commentary and activity from some of its key partners and sponsors, complicates the company's expansion plans given that such a large percentage of hunters in the United States — who comprise MeatEater's core audience — staunchly support both gun rights and Republican political candidates. Chernin's company announced the investment in MeatEater and its hiring of a new CEO for the company via a press release last October.

I think the change in ownership to a anti-gun company , is kinda ironic...but then they maybe anti-gun but not anti-profit.

That said I can see folks not watching any longer and perhaps the sending out of subtle anti-gun messages and images.
Things like the down playing of Rinealla's actual remarks about hunting with a AR15 type rifle and his personal preferences and pushing the line of a AR15 is not a hunting rifle , type of thinking.
Andy

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I think anti-gun people can be as hypocritical as anybody else when it comes to money and pushing anti-gun messages in a show about hunting (one that is primarily about hunting with guns) won't go over well with the audience and they probably realize that.

If they don't, then they are just plain stupid.

The upside if any, the slightest possibility that some lib will recognize that they've been bamboozled.

Maybe they will read and understand some undeniable facts if those facts come from a safe space. Like if you take the tactical crap off an AR15 murder stick and put on the appropriate upper, they make a very good light weight hunting rifle. The same fact we've been telling them for years.

Democrats, and there are many. Own interest in Ammo and firearms manufacturing, and are anti-firearms in their legislation.
Its all about the Benjamin's.

While I like the show, its not really a all pro 2nd amendment show. its a hunting show, and to put it bluntly i am sure its pretty FUDDish over all and I am sure that is inline with most Fudds out there, don't care about those evil black guns, just dont take their bolt action, long range sniper rifles.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top