JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me throw in some confusion here. You can pay $80 for a $100 card which works out to a 0.8 proportion. To get $120 in value, you'd have to pay $120*0.8=$96.

So if you start with $100, spend $96 on 80%ers, you have $120 in gift cards plus $4 in your pocket.

As for reselling what you paid retail for at retail -- that much sounds like a pipe dream.
Let's rephrase the question. Pretend I paid $100 for $120 in discount gift cards. Then I used those gift cards to buy an item for $120. A week later I returned that item to the store for a full refund. Then I bought another item for $120 and so on for the entire year. My position was, that I retained the extra $20 gained from the first transaction of buying the discount gift cards.

Now let's say I had a coupon that gave me $20 off a $120 purchase. I used that coupon to buy a $120 item, then a week later I returned it. I would only get my $100 back. I would have to find another $20 off coupon to get that $20 back.

Flaw number 1 (pointed out above): paying $100 for $125 of buying power is a 16.7% discount not 20%. Therefore you had no chance of "winning" from the start.

Flaw number 2 (also pointed out above): Never tell your wife what you bought. Ever.

Flaw number 3 (yet also pointed out above): "winning" where your wife is concerned is in reality losing. Every. Single. Time.

Solution:
1) use the discount to buy something for your wife consisting of flowers, wine, and Jared's.
2) admit defeat as you present your gifts and apologize
3) as part of your apology break down, become incoherent and explain you feel so sorry that you are emasculated and the only back is to
4) buy a new gun.
5) Explain that it's really for her, since she deserves a whole man and not the burnt out shell of a man in front of her. The truth is that she deserves a whole man so much that it might take two new guns to become the husband she deserves.

Moral:
Damage control is the number one survival skill of every husband everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top