JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$180
Manufacturer
Marlin
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Sweet Home
State
Oregon
Zip Code
EDIT: I am keeping the ammo, and the price has been lowered to reflect that. Thank you.

No trades. Cash only sale. Will not ship, but I'm willing to drive to the East side of Portland on I-205 to make this sale. I will not drive West of I-205 more than a couple of miles at most. Please pick a date about a week out to meet for the sale so that I can plan accordingly. Thank you.

For sale is a 1991 vintage Marlin M60W semi-auto chambered in .22 LR. It has a 15-round capacity. Rifle was given to me in 2007, and I've put about 100-150 rounds through it since I've gotten it. I am the second known owner. It works fine, and in fact it's in very good shape. But I just don't shoot it that often, and it's not my kind of rifle, so I want to move on from it.

The rifle comes with:
  • One Kolpin camo rifle sheath
I am selling all of this for $180, and I am firm on the price. I think that is a good deal for what you are getting....a quick glance at Gun Broker shows these listed anywhere from $180 to $325 or more, so I'm comfortable with that price. This is a cash-only sale.

Below is 14 pictures of the rifle. Note that the rifle was wiped down with a silicone cloth, so some of the black finish on the receiver may look "spray-painted", but I assure you it is not, it is simply a trick of the light. However, there is some oil staining on the bolt face as you can see in the pictures, but it does not affect function.

Please PM me with any questions. Price is firm at $180.

Thank you for viewing my advertisement.

0411230905.jpg 0411230905a.jpg 0411230906.jpg 0411230906a.jpg 0411230906b.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Very cool!
Thank you! I don't shoot it that much, and I was actually surprised at how good of shape it was in when I pulled it out of the sheath. Then I ran my silicone cloth over it and it just popped. I actually briefly considered keeping it or selling for a higher price, but I want to sell it asap, so I'm cool with the price.

Thank you! I don't shoot it that much, and I was actually surprised at how good of shape it was in when I pulled it out of the sheath. Then I ran my silicone cloth over it and it just popped. I actually briefly considered keeping it or selling for a higher price, but I want to sell it asap, so I'm cool with the price.
These things are crazy accurate. I'm consistently ringing a 15" gong at 200 yards & a Vortex 2-7X32 optic. Mine will never be for sale! :)

These things are crazy accurate. I'm consistently ringing a 15" gong at 200 yards & a Vortex 2-7X32 optic. Mine will never be for sale! :)
Yeah, but I hate that black blade front sight. My plan was to replace it with a TruGlo fiber optic sight, which I had saved in my Amazon cart, but I haven't gotten around to paying for it.

UPDATE: Rifle is still available. However, I am no longer driving further North than (correction: Salem). If you want the rifle, you will have to meet me somewhere in between. The driving is too much of a hassle for me to keep a defined schedule. It's not fair to the buyer if I keep them waiting, and it has happened twice now and not something I want to repeat.

So a drive to the Salem region is as far North as I'll go, and South to Eugene is as far South as I'll go.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last Edited:
Update:

I did a visual inspection for a potential customer regarding whether or not this rifle is "JM" marked. It is not. Apparently, some Marlin rifles made in Connecticut outsourced their barrels, but not all of them. Some model 60s did indeed come with JM marked barrels, but not this one. I have no idea why, nor could I find an answer with the quick research that I did. The research I've done, however, says that this rifle was made in 1991, so it's definitely pre-Remington.

While looking for the stamp, I also found some surface rust scattered along the barrel in various places that is not visible under most normal lighting conditions. I couldn't even see it with my 5,000K house lights or LED cabinet lights. However, they are visual with an up-close 720 lumen LED flashlight that I used to try and find the JM stamp. I apologize for not noticing it sooner.

The rust seems to be only surface-deep, and if I had to give a 1 to 100 percent rating on the finish, I would give it "80%". Still plenty blue, and the rust is only visual if you really look for it with the right lighting.

The price remains the same. Rust or not, I think you're still getting a good rifle for the money.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

Price lowered to $180. This is the absolute lowest I'm willing to go. Also willing to travel as far North as Salem, but any further than that and you will have to drive down here, or meet me somewhere closer.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.