JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you like the Henry?
I've been looking at them online but haven't seen one in person yet. I hear good things...

In my opinion, the craftsmanship is outstanding. Well made, beautiful guns. I bought mine used and have put about 100 rounds through it. It has been flawless and accurate. Henry's are a little on the spendy side, although I got a really good deal on mine, but I wanted a lever action in .357 and I couldn't be happier with this one.

In my opinion, the craftsmanship isoutstanding.
Ditto this. My BBB in .357 is a work of art and shoots the same. I sold a Winchester trapper (that gave me nothing but grief in the 10 + years I owned it) to buy the Henry. The Henry shot great out of the box. The only issue I had with mine was a known (and common) problem with the loading tube but after studying the problem I discovered what it was and the fix was easy and it's been fine since.

Tell me about it. I figured they would be better received.

So far no word on the threaded model. The sale of the model above definitely gives me hope.

Tell me about it. I figured they would be better received.

So far no word on the threaded model. The sale of the model above definitely gives me hope.

I just started seeing a few of the threaded models show up for sale on GunBroker, and I received an alert today from GrabAGun that they had them in stock. Sold out quickly; was OOS by the time I tried to place an order. They only received 25 from what I was told.

I just pulled the trigger (so to speak) on one from a large seller on GunBroker. I had a newer 1894 in 45 LC that was pretty nice, but not as nice as my older Marlins. I let it go earlier this year in hopes of finding one of the older Cowboy models, which is what I was after in the first place. I saw a new 1894C in 357 at the Albany show last weekend that didn't look bad (about like the one I had in 45LC). Hopefully this one will be at least as nice as those two. Fingers crossed.

Picked up the 1894 CST from my FFL last night. Looked it over pretty good before accepting the transfer, and then again today when I cleaned it up. I am pleased so far, but haven't had a chance to get it out to the range today.

Trigger is a bit heavy, but not bad. Action is also a bit stiff, but with some use, and maybe different springs and a little polishing should improve. This afternoon, I swapped out the hammer spring and did a bit of polishing, and the action definitely feels nicer, and the trigger pull lighter. I should have done a before and after measurement with the trigger pull gauge but I didn't.

I wasn't thrilled with the aesthetics of the textured black stock at first, but the more I handle it, I appreciate the functionality and it is growing on me. Nice short, handy little carbine which hopefully will be fun with a suppressor.

Sorry for the indoor pics, it's raining today. Even though this thing is built with that in mind, I didn't feel like getting it or me wet today.

41BC78CD-7D6B-47B8-8551-13087266DC36.jpeg 89005A56-6D13-492F-937B-FF4511AC6099.jpeg 2A779E96-20BA-4612-AC4A-B6D670FAA6E0.jpeg B80D503B-B845-40A5-87D7-54B2F981CE07.jpeg CE718365-AF84-4BD2-8021-ABC711DC712B.jpeg 33CD17A6-2347-4161-B4EA-BB9EA1DC1A98.jpeg 057BAC72-F281-4F0B-992C-D94120108E3E.jpeg 06D72C8B-E52E-448A-889D-4F669ACBABC5.jpeg

Last Edited:
Sorry, that one does less than nothing for me. I'm not a SS fan and even a poor piece of any kind of wood is better than the black whatever it is. I also see Zero use for a threaded barrel because I believe a rifle is for obtaining Higher Velocity and not for being quiet.

Lose the plywood stock, (and synthetic is also a travesty), and I'll own one if they ever really are available.

I've also gotta say...With all the hate of Remlin products, I wonder how much of this hate is spread by real owners, or others that just heard they were bad. My post-JM Marlins worked every bit as well as the originals, and just as accurate.:cool: And although the safety is not natural to these guns, just ignore it.o_O

Sorry, that one does less than nothing for me. I'm not a SS fan and even a poor piece of any kind of wood is better than the black whatever it is. I also see Zero use for a threaded barrel because I believe a rifle is for obtaining Higher Velocity and not for being quiet.
Ditto this.
I have 5 lever action rifles and for me its the tradition and history of shooting them so its open irons, wood & blue.
I will admit however I fell to the 'bright side' of SS with the pair of S&Ws I bought a couple years ago. I still like blue, but these are hassle free.
I wonder how much of this hate is spread by real owners, or others that just heard they were bad.
MY experience is there is no doubt the ORIGINAL JM Marlins have the edge in fit, finish and function HOWEVER I was looking at a NEW one the other day in Sportsman's WH and I was quite impressed. It was a carbine with a wood stock & octagon barrel in .45C (and engraved with what looked like a gold, deer inlay on the receiver) but the fit, finish and function were pretty dang good on it!

Is the stock a painted black Wood stock or is it a synthetic?
I'm pretty sure it is a wood laminate stock, painted black with a textured paint. I just pulled the buttstock to swap out the hammer spring and it definitely looks like painted wood, not plastic.

Lose the plywood stock, (and synthetic is also a travesty), and I'll own one if they ever really are available.

I've also gotta say...With all the hate of Remlin products, I wonder how much of this hate is spread by real owners, or others that just heard they were bad. My post-JM Marlins worked every bit as well as the originals, and just as accurate.:cool: And although the safety is not natural to these guns, just ignore it.o_O

I have wondered the same. I had a recent production (probably 2017) 1894 in 45 Colt that shot and functioned well; fit and finish was pretty nice (but not as nice as my older, pre-remington Marlins). But it cost me less than $500 new. I have also seen some where the stock didn't fit well, there were machining marks visible in the finish, broken screws on a new gun on the dealers shelf, etc. The broken screw rifle was one of the fancy new engraved Cowboy models in 45 Colt at a Sportsman's Warehouse that cost about $1,000 as I recall.

The fit and finish on this one looks nicer than the 45 Colt that I had, but I agree it is not a classic lever action (nice walnut, polished blued steel, conventional sights, etc). It also should be nicer in my mind for the cost (not quite 2X what I paid for the 1894 45 Colt. Definitely more of a niche gun, rather than a traditional lever action. I will be curious how well they sell.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top