JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to look at a Marlin 917 M2S tonight, does anybody have any experience with these? My biggest concern right now is ammo availability, any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Ive got one. accurate as could be, nice trigger and action. i have a Savage i use a lot more, but probably because the Savage has halfway decent glass on it and the Marlin just has irons.
The benefit of .17hmr is long range... my eyes arent up to the distance without a scope.

.17hmr cost a lot more than .22lr... but i prefer it. damn flat shooting well past 100yds, i regularly use it for 300+ yards.
BiMart has sales for ~$10 for a box of 50 pretty often. way more $ than .22lr... but cheap compared to anything else i enjoy shooting.

Thanks for the info, picked it up tonight, looks like new, came with a Simmons scope and 400 rounds. Can't wait to try it out.

IMAG0902.jpg

IMAG0902.jpg

hmm... the M2S is the .17 mach2 version, isn't it?
i was thinking .17hmr

(.17hmr is a necked down .22wmr vs .17m2 which are necked down .22lr)

i think the only difference in the rifle is the chamber length.
mach2 is notably cheaper than .17hmr

i've got a .17m2 in the safe... not near as pretty as yours, though.

The mach2 in the safe will be my daughters when she moves past the single shoot.22lr

I've run a bunch of boxes of ammo through it, and its taken a fair amount of rabbits.
I like the .17 caliber quite a bit. HMR being my favorite, but the mach 2 would be a better rabbit gun at under 150 or so yards. The HMR demolishes them so not as much edible meat left

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews