Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Marlin 60

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by gunfreak, Jan 27, 2012.

1. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

My sons model 60 does not want to eject .22 shells and I've read if you change the ejector spring that it fixes the problem. You guys had any luck with somrthing like that.

2. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

I love my son more than to give him a junk model 60. Next thing, you will be getting him to dig in a bucket at the scap yard, looking for used brass.

3. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

Was that a joke, or are you really just that big of a prick?

4. SAR1846

SAR1846 Oregon Member

I don't have a marlin 60, but friends that do -- have had luck with marlinowners forum... lots of posts on cleaning & troubleshooting.

5. OregonJohn

OregonJohn Sutherlin, Or Bronze Life Member #1 Lifetime Supporter

6'2 240. So I guess I am. Scott, bring that Marlin over on Sunday and I will fix it for you. Did you find any 45ACP in that scrap yard bucket.

6. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

buddy of mine has one, when it starts acting up he takes the stock off hoses it out with brake cleaner, blow it out with compressed air and give it a shot of wd-40, good to go for another 1000 rds or so.:laugh::laugh:

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  7. gunfreak

Oregonjohn is a big prick but he knows guns and he only lives a block away. See ya on Sunday prick.

8. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

bought one that did the same thing.
    took it all apart cleaned the bubble gum out of it and it runs fine.
    some do have the buffer crack and some times that is the issue besides not cleaning them enough

9. humdrum

humdrum Lakewood Active Member

I have one that I put a new lifter spring in thinking it would cure all, and it did, but it took a bit of fine tuning to get the ejector end of it work correctly, so don't be surprised if the new part doesn't fall right in and work perfectly the first time. Small tweaks made a giant difference in performance, so take it slow if the new one needs adjusting. Good luck, and have fun!

10. gunfreak

Don't take anything you care about to OregonJohn to work on, he'll screw it up good. Naw just kinding. He sharpened the extractor so that it bites into the .22 case better. Thanks OJ