JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kudos for Ruger putting out the Marlin lever line up. For the most part I think they are getting it right. I now own a Ruger made 1895 trapper and the fit and finish a very good. The action is also very smooth for being new but my god the trigger is horrendous! For almost $1500 I would expect better than a 8# trigger with creep. I have not shot it yet but with the state of the trigger I would not expect small groups. I probably will work on this before I even attempt to shoot it.

tempImageyxNNC9-scaled-e1646953612591__05152.jpg

@osprey , reach out to wild west guns and see if their trigger is compatible.
I know it's more money, but you know... in for a penny, in for a pound.

Kudos for Ruger putting out the Marlin lever line up. For the most part I think they are getting it right. I now own a Ruger made 1895 trapper and the fit and finish a very good. The action is also very smooth for being new but my god the trigger is horrendous! For almost $1500 I would expect better than a 8# trigger with creep. I have not shot it yet but with the state of the trigger I would not expect small groups. I probably will work on this before I even attempt to shoot it.
It's not hard to beat the JM Marlins for fit and finish as shown in the video.
That guy's Ruglin 336 looked perfect.
Too bad about your trigger, but it can be fixed by a competent gunsmith.
I guess I was lucky with my late model Remlin 1895 trigger....it was awesome out of the box.

Help me understand why I have such an urge to buy a Ruger model 336 in 30-30.

Never mind that I was just 16 when Grandpa loaned me a 30-30 Marlin 336 for my very first deer hunting trip; that's not a rational reason to buy one now. Ignore that the very first deer rifle I ever bought for myself (and regrettably sold) was a Marlin 336. Macht Nichts that - at age 50 - I used Grandpa's Marlin 336 to knock down my very last whitetail. Likewise, skip facts like, "I don't hunt anymore" and "I don't need any more firearms for self/home defense".

Since I don't let nostalgia run my life and I have a solid, rational reason for not buying, why do I want that Ruglin 336 so badly? Help me fight it. Tell me the MSRP, so I can tell myself that's way too much money.

Help me understand why I have such an urge to buy a Ruger model 336 in 30-30.

Never mind that I was just 16 when Grandpa loaned me a 30-30 Marlin 336 for my very first deer hunting trip; that's not a rational reason to buy one now. Ignore that the very first deer rifle I ever bought for myself (and regrettably sold) was a Marlin 336. Macht Nichts that - at age 50 - I used Grandpa's Marlin 336 to knock down my very last whitetail. Likewise, skip facts like, "I don't hunt anymore" and "I don't need any more firearms for self/home defense".

Since I don't let nostalgia run my life and I have a solid, rational reason for not buying, why do I want that Ruglin 336 so badly? Help me fight it. Tell me the MSRP, so I can tell myself that's way too much money.

Looks like MSRP is listed at $1,239.

I think I will contact Ruger about my 8# plus trigger on my Trapper to see what they say.
Have a sinking feeling that you'd ship the rifle to them, Ruger would have it for 2 months, and it would be returned saying it's "in specs".
Ask me how I know☹️
I have the 'happy triggers' in 2 of my 4 Marlins. Easy to install if you've ever detailed stripped a 336. They work great!
Hopefully, the Ruger 336 is a exact copy of the Marlin as far as the guts of the rifle are concerned.

Don't worry, be happy

Ranger Point Precision

Skinner Sights

Montana Gun Slings

https://grabagun.com/marlin-model-336-classic-walnut-blued-30-30-20-25-barrel-6-rounds.html?trk_msg=NSBB8H8KLRDKR0S3KLHQ0RVLSO&trk_contact=314FE1EDQ0PGDO854CMJF9027C&trk_sid=F9QJSQ4P8D62TERE85UT7HFUIO&trk_link=K9PP0BRD9CI4F9QJ26JVVQAOVK&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Marlin+Model+336+Classic+Walnut%2fBlued+.30-30+20.25%26quot%3b+Barrel+6-Rounds+(button)&utm_campaign=🎯+Canik+TP9+-+%24399+🎯+Sig+Sauer+MCX+Spear+🎯+Marlin+336+🎯

Wow! Makes one miss the days when you could find nice used JM Marlins on the racks at your LGS for around $500 or less, depending on how many years you go back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top